Search similar:

uniqs

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus
join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI

dnoyeB

Its not unlimited

I'm not familiar with the unlimited T-Mobile plan. The ones I've seen are limited based on how much you pay a month. After that, most applications will become unusable due to the reduced throughput imposed after you cross your limit.
athornfam2
join:2013-09-25
York, PA

athornfam2

The Unlimited data and no throttling plan used to be $70 because my friend has had t-mobile for a while and praised them so much but yeah now that plan is $80 so you can use as much data as you want. Personally I don't use them I have 2 unlimited Verizon accounts and my family has sprint (York,pa sprint has pretty good coverage). Kinda surprised me at how much data sprint users use with them only having 55 million subscribers and Verizon having 95+ million.
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned) to dnoyeB

to dnoyeB
T-Mobile does have an unlimited data plan except tethering is limited to 5 GB. Also any data use when roaming( with T-moible that's A LOT of places ) is also capped and limited to 2G speeds.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to athornfam2

MVM

to athornfam2
Don't forget that if these graphs are being built based around averages, having less customers means those heavier users stand out. But then there is the true factor for both T-Mobile and Sprint where users are simply not afraid to use their data in fear of going over a data cap. I can name many people who actively shut their cellular data off on their AT&T and Verizon phones just to avoid any possible chance of getting a data overage. In essence, this stops them from receiving MMS text messages and turns their smartphone right into a dumb phone.

THXULTRA
@38.103.109.x

THXULTRA to dnoyeB

Anon

to dnoyeB
T-Mobile has a truly unlimited data plan. It is $80 a month and they don't throttle that one. I don't know how any one is using lots of data though on Sprints network. I have sprint and there network is awful. I don't even get LTE half the time in the city of Chicago. How do you not have a major city fully deployed. Sprint is a joke.
athornfam2
join:2013-09-25
York, PA

athornfam2

It really depends on the area your in and who builds the network. Sprint obviously doesn't build the whole network by themselves they have sub contractors to pick the work up that they can't do. Just like in my area York,PA we get decent LTE 3-5 bars average. At my house where I have verizon i get like 2 bars and somehow my family gets 5 and sprint is using verizon towers. I don't know why but somehow they get a better signal and its a constant 10-15 down and 5 up. I can't say the same cause verizon sucks in rural areas.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to THXULTRA

Premium Member

to THXULTRA
I thought Chicago was a Spark city?
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to 78036364

to 78036364
said by 78036364:

T-Mobile does have an unlimited data plan except tethering is limited to 5 GB.

Which means it is not unlimited.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

MovieLover76 to Smith6612

to Smith6612
Yea, even in the case of the limited T-mobile plans, it's not like your going to get a surprize high bill, you'll just get booted down to edge speeds. Which isn't fun, but it's better than bill shock.
I know a number of T-mobile users who hit their cap and get throttled for a few days almost every month, the fear of hitting your cap isn't anywhere near as big of a deal on T-mobile.
I've been on limited AT&T plans and limited and unlimited T-mobile plans and I use a lot more data on T-mobile just because I'm not afraid of the bill.

thxultra
@38.103.109.x

thxultra to silbaco

Anon

to silbaco
Chicago has spark but I swear they didn't put LTE on every tower in the area because I don't get LTE in most places. I have a galaxy S5 so i know it isn't the phone as the S5 works with spark. When it is on spark it works great but try to run a simple app like ingress on it most of the time and it lags because the data speed is awful. I used T-mobile before in this area and it was great. Big difference I really regret switching. I would switch back in a heartbeat if I didn't have to pay off my phone.
itguy05
join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

itguy05 to dnoyeB

to dnoyeB
It gets throttled to 256k. Plenty to navigate (done it on EDGE), plenty to stream music (64k max) and do a bunch of other things. Won't win any speed awards but much better than paying $10/GB in overages.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to elray

to elray
said by elray:

said by 78036364:

T-Mobile does have an unlimited data plan except tethering is limited to 5 GB.

Which means it is not unlimited.

Tethering is not phone use. Tethering is trying to make mobile data for fixed use.
Now sprint may get fixed use someday but will be set up not to interfere with mobile use.

Popeye3
join:2014-05-29
USA

Popeye3 to dnoyeB

to dnoyeB
I have T-Mobile. Family has 3 Nexus4 unlocked phones which we own and have unlimited data, talk and text for $160 a month. Verizon, AT$T, Sprint couldn't even come close to that. I went unlimited after I checked usage one month and found out my wife was streaming TouTube in the car listening to self-help/other stuff. Performance in Las Vegas area has been pretty good and they even threw in a free $400 cell booster when I told them service at the house was spotty. Now I have four bars and no regrets. If the merger with Sprint happens I will leave them.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to nonymous

to nonymous
said by 78036364:

Tethering is not phone use. Tethering is trying to make mobile data for fixed use.

Agreed, but it is "data", thus, the plan is not "unlimited data".
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin to thxultra

to thxultra
I thought Tmobile would pay off your ETF. What do you mean by pay off your phone?

w0g
o.O
join:2001-08-30
Springfield, OR

w0g to elray

to elray
Yeah it is. You get two buckets of data. One for your phone which is unlimited and one for your tethered devices which is a healthy 5GB. Cool thing about it is only unencrypted data even counts against the 5GB over HTTP protocol so it is unlimited both ways if you switch over to HTTPS or even use a VPN or any other protocols on your system.

I can tether and use 50GB a month no problem that way.

TheHelpful1
Premium Member
join:2002-01-11
Upper Marlboro, MD

TheHelpful1 to athornfam2

Premium Member

to athornfam2
The price bump from $70 to $80 for "unlimited" was done so because they added 5GB "tethering" on top of the unlimited deal to your phone for $80 per month + taxes.

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
join:2001-08-28
Erie, CO

MTBikerChris to dnoyeB

Premium Member

to dnoyeB
dnoyeB Not sure what your talking about But my speed never went down and i Killed My Data due to watching the Hockey Playoffs last month and in the winter i used over 20 gigs of data watching netflix at work , I only pay 20 bucks a month for this and have never seen it slow down, I also use my Cell to stream XM in my other Jeep since it did not come with it and my service has been rock solid here in Denver ! I have 3 smart phones and i pay like 150 if you - the pay plan for all 3 phones($30) per !