Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to RizzleQ

Premium Member

to RizzleQ

Re: [Cable] Why doesn't TSI automatically add ZTC on 300 GB Plans?

said by RizzleQ:

Haha, wow. You must not have read this thread after my post you just quoted....

Not yet.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Like a parachute, you really want to pack it well in advance

LOL!

Question: am I supposed to be still getting usage notifications when ZTC is on?
i_pk_pjers_i
join:2007-04-20
none

i_pk_pjers_i

said by rodjames:

said by TSI Marc:

Like a parachute, you really want to pack it well in advance

LOL!

Question: am I supposed to be still getting usage notifications when ZTC is on?

Yes, for now. In the notifications it even says that if you have ZTC enabled from the first day of each month (or if you just leave it on, really), you don't have to worry about the notifications.
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

Zap the Cap judges peak hours to be 8PM-12Midnight, and both TSI Marc and Rocca from Start have recently posted in various DSLR threads that the highest peak demand for bandwidth usually falls a few minutes after 10PM each night.

It might be useful if Marc would post a screenshot of a typical daily demand graph for, say, their pipe to Rogers or one of the other incumbents, to illustrate just how much contrast there is in demand when you compare 10PM and 4AM.

1 pic = 1K words

I miss the old days when you could see bandwidth graphs for TSI's backbone connections...

Well, here's a current weekly graph from Torix for an approximation. The black line is midnight, and the blue line represents 2 hours either side of midnight. So, you can see that the peak dropoff starts at around 10PM and then accelerates to midnight. By 2AM, it's half what it was at the peak, and by 4-5AM it's less than a quarter. Looks like by about 8AM (9AM on weekends, LOL) it's back where it was at 2AM (guess they didn't pull those numbers out a hat)... but nothing really picks up speed until around noon.