spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Gorthezar
join:2014-06-14
Surprise, AZ

Gorthezar

[AZ] Connection Problems 6/14/2014

Been having problems for the last week or two where my connection will drop for about 5-10 seconds at a time every so often probably as often as at least once per hour.
None of the lights on my modem turn off or anything like that but I will disconnect from Whatever Page I might be on and if I have anything like Mumble, World of Warcraft and online game open I will completely drop connection and then reconnect a few seconds later.

Any ideas on where I should start looking to figure out what is going on and how i can fix my problem?

Ramada WR
@70.167.86.x

Ramada WR

Anon

Do you have an uninterruptible power supply connected to the modem? Is it set for the narrowest upper and lower voltage limits? Sometimes very short electrical anomalies can cause modems to do strange things, especially as the modem gets older. How clean are the modem vents? Dust buildup in the vents, or internally, can cause overheating. The intermittent overheating can cause problems. Sometimes the electricity power supply(plug and transformer) goes bad. It starts giving intermittent problems before it fails completely.

If you have the money, and have not done so already, I would suggest investing in a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem. The Motorola 6141 (WHITE Plastic Case only)

»www.amazon.com/ARRIS-Mot ··· 2&sr=1-2

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 25390001

»www.bestbuy.com/site/mot ··· =7534146

»www.walmart.com/ip/Motor ··· 26819738

»www.target.com/p/motorol ··· odi3gAuA

Gorthezar
Surprise, AZ

1 edit

Gorthezar

I'm using the Ubee DDW366 from COX and I've only had it for a few months so I'm not actually sure if it is a problem with the modem itself. I have however started keeping track of when I am disconnecting and I'm not sure if it is just coincidence or not but It happend at 4:06 PM and then again at 5:06 PM, I am going to keep an eye on it and see if it keeps happening around 6 minutes after each hour.

Edit/Update: Just disconnected again 6:06 PM.

Anonguy
@68.106.20.x

Anonguy

Anon

said by Gorthezar:

I'm using the Ubee DDW366 from COX and I've only had it for a few months so I'm not actually sure if it is a problem with the modem itself. I have however started keeping track of when I am disconnecting and I'm not sure if it is just coincidence or not but It happend at 4:06 PM and then again at 5:06 PM, I am going to keep an eye on it and see if it keeps happening around 6 minutes after each hour.

Hardwired or Wireless?

Gorthezar
Surprise, AZ

Gorthezar

said by Anonguy :

said by Gorthezar:

Hardwired or Wireless?

Hardwired

Anonguy
@68.106.20.x

Anonguy

Anon

Can you do a ipconfig/all and look at how long your DHCP lease is?

Gorthezar
Surprise, AZ

Gorthezar

said by Anonguy :

Annguy
@68.106.20.x

Annguy

Anon

said by Gorthezar:

said by Anonguy :

Seconds?

That means you are checking/pulling a IP every hour. Tht would correspond to your hourly drops.

You should log into the UBEE and check the LAN lease time.

Gorthezar
Surprise, AZ

Gorthezar

said by Annguy :

said by Gorthezar:

said by Anonguy :

Seconds?

That means you are checking/pulling a IP every hour. Tht would correspond to your hourly drops.

You should log into the UBEE and check the LAN lease time.

Seconds I believe yes. and it says my LAN lease time is 1 day.