MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

MovieLover76

Bought wrong company

I think that is the only good plan form a Sprint / Tmobile combo. scrap sprint and it's horrible reputation.

Anyone else think Son is realizing after a little while owning sprint that he bought the wrong US wireless carrier. He should have bought T-mobile originally.
mob (banned)
On the next level..
join:2000-10-07
San Jose, CA

mob (banned)

Sprint still owns a world wide, Tier 1 fiber network. T-Mobile doesn't.

Next...

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

I see... So is it connected to their towers?
mob (banned)
On the next level..
San Jose, CA

mob (banned)

Some towers are, some aren't. Should they build towers only where they have fiber? Is that what you're pushing?

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to mob

to mob
There fiber network is obsolete

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to MovieLover76

Premium Member

to MovieLover76
said by MovieLover76:

Anyone else think Son is realizing after a little while owning sprint that he bought the wrong US wireless carrier. He should have bought T-mobile originally.

...and what would that have done? They are both two cell phone companies that wont / cant do much on their own when going up against the big two.

His ploy all along I think was to buy them both over time.

Dont tell me you are one of the folks that believe anything that T-Mobile has done wasnt simply preparation for a sale.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan to mob

to mob
I'm not saying that. Those connections were T-1's... For too long.
mob (banned)
On the next level..
San Jose, CA

mob (banned)

They can only build out what the local provider will support. Just getting NV upgrades in place is like pulling teeth and it's just metro ethernet backhaul...
amungus
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
America

amungus to mob

Premium Member

to mob
I'm very curious what they'll do with the wired services side, should the deal pass.
Sprint circuit, via AT&T fiber. Block of IP addresses that I'd not like to lose. Mostly very excellent service.

sprintsdead
@75.161.80.x

1 recommendation

sprintsdead to tito79

Anon

to tito79
Sprints fiber network...been a long time since I have seen packets fly down those avenues. A few ISP's in the area used to be Sprint connected, and it was ok service, but I noticed that those companies are using TW/Level3/Cogent for uplink these days, and I don't see any Sprint in the BGP tables..that network is tired, probably hasn't been upgraded since the dot com bomb.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

My ISP used to use primarily Sprint up until a few weeks ago. The performance was pretty good. But the majority of the time Sprint would just send all the traffic to Level3 and wouldn't actually transport it out of Chicago (the same city my ISP connected with Sprint). I actually wish they would have because on the rare occasions that they did actually send the traffic on their own network, the ping was usually slightly lower and they never appeared to have congested peering ports with anyone, not even Comcast. Now my ISP uses Above.net and the performance is about the same, if not slightly worse.

Level3 buying TW Telecom is going to be a major blow to Sprint.
ITGeeks
join:2014-04-20
Cleveland, OH

ITGeeks to mob

to mob
Not used by all of the Sprint towers. They still use the MSOs where it makes sense as Sprint still would use the local ILEC to install where they don't have the techs.
ITGeeks

ITGeeks to swintec

to swintec
Less debt with TMO-USA, plus a company that knows what it is doing and is changing- something that Sprint is NOT doing.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by ITGeeks:

Less debt with TMO-USA, plus a company that knows what it is doing and is changing- something that Sprint is NOT doing.

I can see your ranting and babbling didnt go away with your old TBBroadband username, huh Kyle?
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to ITGeeks

Premium Member

to ITGeeks
But they knew Sprint was a mess when they bought it. If they really wanted to clean up Sprint, they could have done so already. Softbank has the money and the expertise. Sprint has the spectrum in most markets and a lot more infrastructure in place than they claim. They have intentionally done as little as possible so they can justify their supposed need to buy T-Mobile. This has all been part of the plan from the get go.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to MovieLover76

Premium Member

to MovieLover76
I've said it all along, but a third-rate carrier acquiring a third-rate carrier makes a third-rate carrier. Perhaps the theory is that if enough third-rate carriers are folded into each other that maybe a second-rate carrier will be born?
mob (banned)
On the next level..
San Jose, CA

mob (banned) to ITGeeks

to ITGeeks
said by ITGeeks:

Not used by all of the Sprint towers. They still use the MSOs where it makes sense as Sprint still would use the local ILEC to install where they don't have the techs.

Yeah, we covered that already. Did you not read the thread?
dudeman456
join:2005-04-29
New York, NY

dudeman456 to sprintsdead

to sprintsdead
Government Agencies with covert processes use the Sprint IP network for its unique properties. Sprint has had a preference for them for the past two years.