spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dfvxc

@99.231.82.x

Acanac refuses full refund for cable that they can't service

I moved into a new condo building, and signed up successfully for Acanac cable. On the day of the scheduled installation, nobody shows up. I call them, and Acanac tells me that they can't service my location, and needs to issue a refund.

So they issue a refund for the service, but NOT for the modem, shipping, and installation fee. So basically I paid $100 dollars for Acanac to find out that they can't service my location??? Very very disappointed.

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
Was this to move an existing account dfvxc ? Or a first time customer new install ?

dfvxc

@99.231.82.x
It's a new install for cable, but I cancelled my previous Acanac DSL service, so I had been a customer.

dfvxc

@99.231.82.x
reply to Fergless
Just realized that what I said before was vague, here's another attempt:

In my old place I had Acanac DSL for a couple of years. When I moved to the new place this June, I signed up for Acanac cable, and cancelled my DSL.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
I see. Can you post your ticket number ?

dfvxc

@99.231.82.x
I think these are the ticket ids?:

LVI-61183
ROU-14155

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
The only thing they aren`t refunding is the Modem and Shipping.
Once you return the modem they will refund for that, unless you wish to keep it.

dfvxc

@99.231.82.x
Yeah, I had to negotiate on the phone just to get them to refund the modem.

What about the installation fee? I really don't think it's fair when I genuinely want Acanac cable, but wasn't told they can't service my location until after I called Acanac, when the cable guy didn't show.

A full refund is completely fair when it's Acanac that can't deliver the service. If that's not happening then Acanac just lost a customer who had been with them for several years, and had recommended them to friends. The risk simply isn't worth it.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
quote:
What about the installation fee? I really don't think it's fair when I genuinely want Acanac cable, but wasn't told they can't service my location until after I called Acanac, when the cable guy didn't show.

The installation is being refunded as well.

dfvxc

@99.231.82.x
Thank you Fergless!

I wish you would reflect with the sales dept or whomever it concerns, that the process should catch these cases and either issue a full refund right away, or tell the customer early on that the location cannot be serviced. Then I'd be more comfortable recommending Acanac.

There are a lot of new condos going up in Toronto, so this will happen a lot.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
I agree 100%. Thing is now the way things are between Independent ISP`s (TPIA`s) and the incumbents having difficulty getting the proper information from the incumbents, in a timely fashion.

All the Indies are working towards a better experience for all our customers.

Regards.