Search similar:

uniqs
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

Spanish-language IPTV options?

Hey, folks,

I am trying to come up with an option for a family member, to replace Bell/Rogers for their TV provider. Unfortunately, the family member in question is married to somebody from the Spanish speaking world who is addicted to Spanish-language TV and they aren't willing to give it up (largely because their English is terrible, and they like watching shows they understand, not because of any specific channel). For this reason, I've had to rule out Zazeen and VMedia as neither of them seems to carry Spanish-language programming. Pity.

So I thought I'd throw this out there to the forum at large -- Can anybody suggest or does anybody have experience with an IPTV option that has Spanish language programming? It needs to be as idiot-proof as possible... the family member in question is a man who would forget his head if it wasn't attached, and his wife isn't exactly technically savvy either, meaning that Internet-streaming via laptop/etc. isn't an option. They *need* something with a STB that they can just turn on and use like they're accustomed with Rogers/Bell. I'm willing to look at Android apps for a Google TV or similar, if you're familiar with any that are simple enough, but the few I've looked at either don't have any watchable channels in Canada, or wouldn't be usable on a TV with a remote.

We've discussed getting them a tablet and using miracast, but it has been ruled out as too complicated for them.

So... anybody able to offer suggestions? Or are we stuck with Rogers/Bell for lack of programming options?

Thanks in advance.