spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mdwhite14
@107.35.185.x

mdwhite14

Anon

[Landscaping] Lawn Tractor Wont Run, need help ASAP

I have a briggs and stratton 422707 it wont run. I cleaned the carb used the rebuild kit and changed the float. And changed fuel line and filter. If i pour gas into top of the carb it will run for a couple minutes and stall out. I pulled the fuel line off the carb and its getting plenty of fuel. The plugs are new and after trying to start it the plugs are wet. It runs only if i pour a tiny bit of fuel into the carb.

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA

shdesigns

Premium Member

Does the carb have a solenoid? They can fail.

Is it a pump carb? If you remove the top is there gas in thebowl?

I find on those carbs the jets clog easily as they take gas from the bottom of the carb.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to mdwhite14

Premium Member

to mdwhite14
One suggestion I have would be to pull the plugs and try starting the mower. This is to see if the plugs are even sparking.
But that is about as far as I can get you.
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

1 recommendation

daveinpoway

Premium Member

Since the engine runs if gas is poured into the air intake, the ignition system must be functional.
iknow_t
join:2012-05-03

iknow_t to mdwhite14

to mdwhite14
I have the same problem. Briggs used a plastic needle valve on mine, and it sticks closed. until I get to it, I use a large syringe on the fuel line going to the carburetor, and push air into it, that frees the needle valve. if you are tempted to use an air compressor to do this, set the pressure at 5 PSI AT THE MOST. you don't want to damage anything!!. Briggs STILL hasn't used alcohol resistant parts yet on their engines, at least not all of them, but a plastic needle valve is really silly!.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat to mdwhite14

MVM

to mdwhite14
You might try to start/run the engine with the gas cap loose. The vent hole in the cap may be plugged and without venting the engine will eventually be fuel-starved due to the small vacuum caused by a plugged vent hole. it's worth a try.