Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to IPPlanMan

Premium Member

to IPPlanMan

Re: Square Miles

said by IPPlanMan:

Yikes. Looking at that list, it's crazy to think how much area Sprint didn't cover before.

You think thats crazy...T-Mobile is even less than that.

This is huge from a competition stand point too.

I just wish US Cellular was in on this but maybe in due time.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

Is that so? How much less?

Sprint should just go ahead and buy US Cellular, though I understand why they won't... T-Mobile and all.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by IPPlanMan:

Is that so? How much less?

It seems things are only referred to in POPs so I guess we are left comparing the two that way. Sprint reaches quite a few more than T-Mobile....it was just interesting that you made a comment about how little Sprint covers.

»www.howardforums.com/sho ··· mpletion

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

I'm fair minded on this.

Coverage is a relative term. It needs to work where you go.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to IPPlanMan

Premium Member

to IPPlanMan
I doubt Sprint is interested in US Cellular. US Cellular uses primarily 700 band 12 for LTE which Sprint does not, and they serve a lot of rural areas which Sprint does not seem to have interest in.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by silbaco:

they serve a lot of rural areas which Sprint does not seem to have interest in.

They havent had interest in it before but USCC is ripe for the pickings and could be had for a pretty decent price. It could be the start of rural cellular acquisitions.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to IPPlanMan

Premium Member

to IPPlanMan
They bought parts of US Cellular a few years ago.
Bob61571
join:2008-08-08
Washington, IL

Bob61571

In 2013, Sprint bought US Cellular territory from Chicago to St. Louis(inclusive of both metros and areas in-between around both I-55 and I-57). By a certain date in 2013, USC subs had to leave USC for someone else. Obviously, Sprint tried to get those USC people to go with Sprint. Since I live next to that area, my impression(after talking to some people) is that most USC subs left both USC and Sprint, and went to other wireless companies.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by Bob61571:

In 2013, Sprint bought US Cellular territory from Chicago to St. Louis(inclusive of both metros and areas in-between around both I-55 and I-57). By a certain date in 2013, USC subs had to leave USC for someone else. Obviously, Sprint tried to get those USC people to go with Sprint. Since I live next to that area, my impression(after talking to some people) is that most USC subs left both USC and Sprint, and went to other wireless companies.

Sprints end game was the spectrum that USC had..not really the users. Quite a few of them couldnt pass Sprints credit requirements anyways (USC was quite lax credit wise).
SubaruBoy
join:2013-01-09

SubaruBoy

Hah, yea so going to AT&T or Verizon would give them a better chance of getting service?
« and if you use itSoLinc »
This is a sub-selection from Square Miles