nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

[CBN] Speed

Did Charters speeds also increase on business service? Side question, what's the going rate for business internet + 1 phone line?
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

You mean the upgrade from 30 to 100 on residential or 30 to 60? Looking at your city on Google Maps you're basically in St. Louis, so I would assume you mean 30 to 100. If Charter plans that to be their new base tier, I would say it's only a matter of time before they bump up the business tiers too (at least for St. Louis).

I don't know for sure honestly but I suspect they will. I suspect if they leave business at 60 minimum, some that don't need static IPs or any other business perks would stick with residential service (if possible). Can't help you on the pricing question though.

Side note, I discovered I go through/around your home town when I go up to Ft. Madison, IA. I run 64 through St. Louis to US 61 on up.

megarock
join:2001-06-28
Fenton, MO

megarock

Been hoping for the same thing. We did just recently get bumped to 60 mb which does pretty much anything I need but the business class seemingly only helps with customer service and tech response being much faster...my internet still has issues and goes out from time to time until someone fixes the issue. I'm willing to pay less and get more since it's going to work about as good one way or the other.
BlakePaulson
join:2008-08-06
Alexandria, MN

BlakePaulson to nunya

to nunya
I believe business will stay tiered as it currently is...

Since they have a 60/80/100 tier setup and they just recently bumped business tiers up by 30 (at least the 30/50 ones) I'm guessing they'll leave it alone.

Business tier here is running at 60mbps standard (bumped everyone up from 30.) Residential is not running at 60 yet.