spc
Search similar:

uniqs

avernar
join:2002-05-23
Plattsville, ON

avernar

New Fibe remote control not working

Some of the keys on one of our remote controls stopped working so we got a new one. The new one however does not control the fibe box. Pressing some keys blinks the bell button while pressing the numbers blinks the aux button.

Tried the auto setup method on the bell button but all that did was make the bell button control the TV. What is the code to return the bell button back to controlling the fibe box?

Better yet, is there a factory reset sequence?
kyphos
join:2014-03-26
Ottawa, ON

kyphos

It's not clear which version of "Fibe remote" you obtained. The latest Fibe remote (a.k.a. the "slim" remote) does not have a Bell button. Therefore, you probably have the older multi-device remote. If it is the Motorola MXv3 model, you can reset it back to factory as follows:
- while holding down TV button, hold down OK button. After 1 second, release them both. The TV button will stay lit.
- Hold down DELETE until TV begins to blink. The remote is now defaulted.

»support.surewest.com/sur ··· Id=73695

avernar
Plattsville, ON

avernar

Click for full size
It's one of these. The TV + OK/Select didn't do anything.

I've also tried the 9 8 0 reset sequence but that didn't work either.
kyphos
join:2014-03-26
Ottawa, ON

kyphos

Your photo is similar to my MXv3, but a little different. Mine has a row of 5 buttons across the top:
Bell-TV-Power-DVD-AUX

From the photo, it looks like you have the "Nova" remote, which preceded the MXv3. Reset instructions for the Nova are here, but it sounds like you already tried that, without success.
»support.bell.ca/Fibe_TV/ ··· _tv_nova

Perhaps you could get a Bell store to swap your malfunctioning remote for an MXv3, or even the latest "slim" remote. The latter is pretty slick, but it only controls the Fibe receiver and a limited selection of TVs (volume and power). It can't be programmed to drive a DVD or AUX devices.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

Call support, tell them its not working, they will mail you a new one

avernar
Plattsville, ON

avernar to kyphos

to kyphos
said by kyphos:

Your photo is similar to my MXv3, but a little different. Mine has a row of 5 buttons across the top:
Bell-TV-Power-DVD-AUX

I have one of those for the main pvr box.
said by Nitra:

Call support, tell them its not working, they will mail you a new one

That's what we're going to do, again. This was the replacement.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

Do the remotes from your other receivers work to change channels on that receiver. It could be a faulty it receiver on the receiver