spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ESPN
join:2003-02-22
Denton, TX

ESPN

FiOS Stores - Texas

All the FiOS stores in Texas are all shuttered. Equipment exchanges are now done thru UPS for shipping. And to top it off, Verizon charges $19.99 for shipping equipment on orders to you. Want to return equipment, wait for Verizon to send you boxes or take a trip to your local UPS store.

Was told that Verizon will be setting up FiOS stores within its Verizon Wireless stores. Migration can take 1-2 years. Looks like Texas is its first pick with other states to follow.
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76

said by ESPN:

All the FiOS stores in Texas are all shuttered. Equipment exchanges are now done thru UPS for shipping. And to top it off, Verizon charges $19.99 for shipping equipment on orders to you. Want to return equipment, wait for Verizon to send you boxes or take a trip to your local UPS store.

Was told that Verizon will be setting up FiOS stores within its Verizon Wireless stores. Migration can take 1-2 years. Looks like Texas is its first pick with other states to follow.

California has also closed all of their FiOS stores. However, many areas in the northeastern U.S. stipulate in the franchise agreement that these FiOS stores remain open. One of the reasons why Verizon backed off on the $9.99 fee to return equipment to these FiOS stores was because of these same franchise agreements.

Tarheel72
join:2005-12-18
Plano, TX

Tarheel72 to ESPN

to ESPN
There will never be a FiOS store inside of a wireless store. And even if it was it would only be for drop off of equipment you are returning. They already had wireless services in the FiOS stores, so all they would be doing is recreating what they had before. They are basically pulling out of the cable market, little by little. They have publically said they want to concentrate on wireless and streaming services and are not expanding FiOS and I think they would just as soon lose all the existing customers. It is too expensive to service them. I think their plan is to make it so expensive and so inconvenient for FiOS customers that they finally don't have any, even if they are stuck with some franchise agreement.
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76

said by Tarheel72:

They are basically pulling out of the cable market, little by little. They have publically said they want to concentrate on wireless and streaming services and are not expanding FiOS and I think they would just as soon lose all the existing customers. It is too expensive to service them. I think their plan is to make it so expensive and so inconvenient for FiOS customers that they finally don't have any, even if they are stuck with some franchise agreement.

Even though expansion has stopped to new areas, Verizon will not abandon their $25 billion investment in FiOS. Since all the low hanging fruit has been picked in terms of subscriber acquisition, it is possible that they would sell FiOS (and copper landlines too) to a deep pocketed suitor. If they start offering triple play service for less than $60 per month at an introductory rate for new customers, it would be an indication that Verizon is trying to pump up the subscription levels in order to maximize their asset for a likely sale.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to Tarheel72

Premium Member

to Tarheel72
said by Tarheel72:

There will never be a FiOS store inside of a wireless store. And even if it was it would only be for drop off of equipment you are returning. They already had wireless services in the FiOS stores, so all they would be doing is recreating what they had before. They are basically pulling out of the cable market, little by little. They have publically said they want to concentrate on wireless and streaming services and are not expanding FiOS and I think they would just as soon lose all the existing customers. It is too expensive to service them. I think their plan is to make it so expensive and so inconvenient for FiOS customers that they finally don't have any, even if they are stuck with some franchise agreement.

But they aren't making it more expensive. They are making it the same price or less. WIth new discounts I can renew my current deal and pay the same or slightly less. Which is much less than I was paying FiOS five and seven years ago when I had slower speeds and fewer channels.