spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Sgeek
join:2014-06-18
Cedar Rapids, IA

Sgeek

[IA] HUGE price jump?

I was just looking at my account online and there is a credit of 25.09 for "Mediacom Online Service" and a charge of $75.41 for "Mediacom Online Max" about the same time as I purchased and set up my own modem, a SB6141. What is the cause of this change? When I went turn in my rented modem I asked about upgrading to a 50M circuit. The lady at the counter looked into it and told me it would cost about $42 more per month, but she could not configure because of some issue with my account and that she would have to work with another lady, "Barbara" the next day and she would call me. The next day, 5:00PM rolled around and I had not received a call, so I called the Cedar Rapids office. I spoke with a Stephanie, who after looking at my account asked if I was wanting the increased package for the additional usage or just for the additional speed. I told her I was looking for the speed, as I have never gone over on my usage. She informed me at that time of the upcoming speed increase in the Cedar Rapids area in June. I asked and she verified that I was eligible for the automatic increase to the 50/5 speeds which she even had her supervisor verify. Now it looks like my online account has been changed to "Mediacom Online Max" which is only a 20/2 package and is more three times what I had been paying for my "Mediacom Online Service" which was a 25+ circuit. I would really like to know what is going on. I have been anticipating the speed increase and doing speed tests daily to see if it was in effect, yet.

John

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hi Sgeek See Profile, I apologize for the billing confusion. If I had to assume it would be that you were on an old promotion and they had issues changing you over to the new packages and it generated a two month bill. I would need to take a closer look at your account to make sure this is what happened, so can you please PM me your telephone# or MAC address and I can take a look to see what is going on and get everything straightened out for you!
Sgeek
Cedar Rapids, IA

Sgeek

Did you get my message with phone and account#?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to Sgeek

Premium Member

to Sgeek
Hey Sgeek See Profile, it appears I was able to get the modem updated with the proper speeds! Please do a speedtest and let us know if this has resolved your issue!
Sgeek
Cedar Rapids, IA

Sgeek

Thanks, Chad. But what about the billing? Is my bill going to be the same as it has been in the past? i.e.
06/07 - 07/06 Local Broadcast Channel Surcharge ........................................................ .00
06/07 - 07/06 DVR Service............................................................................................ .00
06/07 - 07/06 Digital Star .............................................................................................. 54.95
06/07 - 07/06 High Speed Residential ........................................................................... 19.95
06/07 - 07/06 Mediacom Online Modem ........................................................................ 5.00
Subtotal ................................................................................................. 79.90
(Plus applicable taxes, of course.)

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You're welcome! I'm showing the billing will remain the same.
Sgeek
Cedar Rapids, IA

Sgeek

Thanks again, Chad. I really appreciate your assistance. I will let you know if something does not look right on my next bill.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You're welcome!
Sgeek
Cedar Rapids, IA

Sgeek

said by MediacomChad:

You're welcome! I'm showing the billing will remain the same.

I just received my billing notification and my bill has a HUGE jump.

Monthly Charges
07/07 - 08/06 Local Broadcast Channel Surcharge ........................................................ .00
07/07 - 08/01 DVR Service............................................................................................ .00
07/07 - 08/01 Digital Star .............................................................................................. 46.06
07/07 - 08/01 Mediacom Online Modem ........................................................................ .00
07/07 - 08/01 Mediacom Online MAX ............................................................................ 50.28
05/29 High Speed Residential .................... Partial Month(s) 05/29 - 07/06 -25.09
05/29 Mediacom Online Modem ................. Partial Month(s) 05/07 - 07/06 -10.00
05/29 Mediacom Online Modem ................. Partial Month(s) 05/07 - 07/06 .00
05/29 Mediacom Online MAX ..................... Partial Month(s) 05/29 - 07/06 75.41
06/27 DVR Service..................................... Partial Month(s) 08/02 - 08/06 .00
06/27 Digital Star ....................................... Partial Month(s) 08/02 - 08/06 11.27
06/27 Mediacom Online Modem ................. Partial Month(s) 08/02 - 08/06 .00
06/27 Mediacom Online MAX ..................... Partial Month(s) 08/02 - 08/06 9.67
Subtotal ................................................................................................. 157.60

You indicated there wasn't supposed to be a jump.
Sgeek

Sgeek

And if I am being billed the higher amount for my request from when I returned my modem, which was never confirmed with me, then I would have had 50/5 starting 5/29, which we both know I didn't, and when Mediacom rolled out the increased speed, I should have gone to 105/10. Which, based on that, I have not been receiving the service I am being billed for. Which means Mediacom is illegally charging for its services.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to Sgeek

Premium Member

to Sgeek
Your billing shows this way due to the changes that were made on 29 May. Your services were prorated. Since the billing statement for that month had already been mailed, the changes were shown on this statement. Your next statement will be the normal 1 month statement with no prorated charges. As for your speeds. The current service you are provisioned for is what was upgraded to 50/5 the Ultra was upgraded to the 105/10. If you are not receiving the speeds you are provisioned for, please let me know and I will trouble shoot with you. If we cannot correct the issue, I will set up a tech to come out and investigate.
Sgeek
Cedar Rapids, IA

Sgeek

So, if I upgraded to the 50/5 prior to Mediacom's speed upgrade, then it should have went to 105/10, correct? Which I am not getting 105/10. I am only getting 50/5. And if my original service was supposed to go to 50/5 with no price increase, then why was there the price increase? I have no problem paying this increased price if I am getting the 105/10, but I should not be paying any additional simply for the 50/5.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

The problem may be with the provisioned speed and the packaging. We will probably need to break the codes on the account to make sure this stays the way it should. Could I have someone call you today to get this all straightened out?
Sgeek
Cedar Rapids, IA

Sgeek

Yes, you may have someone call me.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Feel free to send me an IM with a good contact number and time frame you will be available.
Sgeek
Cedar Rapids, IA

Sgeek

I IM'ed you with the requested information on 07/01/2014 and have yet to receive a phone call. I would prefer the call to come from someone that has been briefed on my situation rather than me having to speak to someone that has no idea of what is going on and having to explain everything all over again and get them to the point of understanding.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello Sgeek See Profile, I will further investigate this for you and see why you never received a call. I am also going to make an effort to have someone call you this evening if you would still be available to talk tonight. Send me a private message if that would be okay, and if not just let me know when a good time would be.
Sgeek
Cedar Rapids, IA

Sgeek

Message sent.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member