uniqs

G00SE
Premium Member
join:2003-03-07
Conroe, TX

G00SE

Premium Member

[General] Verizon Practices RE Service & Misc Charges

We have a contract with Verizon that thankfully expires at years end. I say thankfully because:
1) We have 3 phones, but are being charged for 5 numbers; now one of those was for my wife's Ipad, but that was purchased over 2 years ago, and Verizon never bothered to tell her that she could make a hot spot on her Iphone instead of using there silly and useless gadget. That contract does terminate in August.
The 5th line is somewhere in the ether I guess; we went to the Verizon store here, and there was "something pending", we were told by the Verizon rep; now how difficult would that information have been for her to obtain if it were even true, and it's not. We also decided to cancel the insurance and were told we had to contact the insurer. It sure seems strange that we have to do this when we initially obtained the coverage through Verizon.
Many people think nothing of an additional $5 charge, but
Verizon honestly doesn't give a single thought to customer care, or to their customers; why should they ? They have so many, what's one less when some new fish is going to jump right in where a former customer left ?
No more contracts with Verizon for us !

C6 Z06
join:2002-07-17
Lubbock, TX

C6 Z06

Sounds like some communication problems. Verizon phone support is always better than in the store. Unless your buying something, the store reps are reluctant to spend the time.

Was the data plan/hot spot feature on the bill? Does your bill show 5 numbers? Where is "the ether" and how could a line be lost in it?

G00SE
Premium Member
join:2003-03-07
Conroe, TX

G00SE

Premium Member

You are 100% correct Hardtop. I've almost always had a good experience calling Verizon.
However, to be honest, that doesn't excuse the actions of the store employees.
Yes, the 'hot spot' is on the bill. The 5th number is for an old Samsung flip phone that we owned
like 5 years ago. The 'ether' is where Verizon loses customers equipment status. There is no activity listed on the 5th line, so you'd think someone would snap to that fact.
Thanks for the thoughtful reply: calling is the only way anything will get done.

C6 Z06
join:2002-07-17
Lubbock, TX

C6 Z06

I'm going to share my experiences w/Verizon. The software development team does not fix all the migration issues when they upgrade the software. A setting like my phone number privacy block was disabled after they made changes to the site.

Another issue was when I changed my phone number. I did not have access to the billing history and they overcharged me. That phone number change was completely automated with software.

The data loss (record of phone number) of yours could be from Verizon doing software upgrades.

I'm not making excuses for Verizon. As a software developer, I expect much better business process automation. Verizon and other companies are saving an immense amount of money by not paying someone to do what the automation does. They pay a developer 1/2 of what he should be making (like any other profession). They need to stop ripping people off (at least with the phone number change).

I stick with Verizon because of the really good coverage and because of the grandfathered unlimited $20 data plan.