uniqs

rolfp
no-shill zone
Premium Member
join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA

rolfp

Premium Member

[CustSvc] Xfinity TV on HSI-only account?

I recently went to the local Comcast CS Center to renew a promotion for my HSI service, cable internet only. Since then, it seems to me, there is a reference to Xfinity TV on my account Overview page, " CONNECTED".

I say, "seems" as I don't visit the account pages too frequently. I thought, apart from worrying about additional charges, "Cool, now I can get streaming online videos from ESPN, maybe." I've tried to get some live feed before and discovered the deal is for TV customers, only. However, I tried and was rejected with a non-specific error, so I doubt that.

Anyone know why TV is thus displayed on my account?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

[CustSvc] Re: Xfinity TV on HSI-only account?

said by rolfp:

Probably for the same reason that I randomly see it on my business class Internet account (even though I don't have business class TV service)?

Hint: This is Comcast you are talking about; accuracy is not a requirement.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall to rolfp

Premium Member

to rolfp

Re: [CustSvc] Xfinity TV on HSI-only account?

said by rolfp:

I recently went to the local Comcast CS Center to renew a promotion for my HSI service, cable internet only. Since then, it seems to me, there is a reference to Xfinity TV on my account Overview page, " CONNECTED".

I say, "seems" as I don't visit the account pages too frequently. I thought, apart from worrying about additional charges, "Cool, now I can get streaming online videos from ESPN, maybe." I've tried to get some live feed before and discovered the deal is for TV customers, only. However, I tried and was rejected with a non-specific error, so I doubt that.

Are you sure you weren't put on the Blast Plus and such promotion which includes TV?
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to rolfp

Premium Member

to rolfp
Many times its cheaper to get the lowest tier of video with internet than just internet alone. That only includes a few of the stations tho. Stations like ESPN is NOT part of that package.

rolfp
no-shill zone
Premium Member
join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA

rolfp to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
The agent, who seemed sharp, and I discussed bundle options. I declined and he acknowledged. I can't say what happened, actually, and it might just be some sort of website bug or marketing greasing the skids for my hoped-for inevitable slide into higher-cost packages or something else. I left the service center with the understanding that I was staying on my current speed profile, about 25/5, what started out as Performance, for a few dollars more than the last 12 months, but no tv. There might be a surprise in the bill and, if I get some time before then, I'll drop back in to the store to ask what's up.
rolfp

rolfp to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
I spoke with the agent about the cheap tv bundles but HSI-only was cheaper, and I chose that.
rolfp

rolfp

Premium Member

Bill came but had no mention of TV on it. There is a "Watch TV Online" button in my account pages but I get "Uh-Oh...You need to update Flash!!" and I don't think that will happen on my Linux system. That is all.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim to rolfp

Premium Member

to rolfp
I have that on my HSI only acount as well. It is for internet viewing a select/limited number of programs.

Coelispex
join:2013-06-03
Howell, MI

Coelispex

said by pende_tim:

I have that on my HSI only acount as well. It is for internet viewing a select/limited number of programs.

Yup. Comcast calls this xfinity Streampix and it's available for most packages.