spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

roged49

join:2004-07-01
Brentwood, NY

Anyone having modem issues on Hauppauge system?

Starting roughly Wednesday, I've been noticing the internet stalling at random. Ran though the usual steps, reboot router and modem, solved for some period of time until the few hours.

And yet it continues to happen to the point where its solvable only by rebooting the modem. So I've had to do it again last night and noticed the amber light on my Arris modem on the upstream well into this morning after i removed the drop pad on my amp as the upstream levels were hovering around 57db (i take it off in the summer weather anyway)

The modem only has one upstream channel connected:

I have the (free upgrade) Ultra 101 package.

I was just curious if anyone else was having an issue, im debating on jumping to the conclusion its a modem issue or a plant issue because everything is fine, download speeds, ping times, other computers, cable tv has no issues, etc when its up. The upload is roughly half the speed as the result of one channel.

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
This probably goes without asking, you rebooted after removing the pad? I'd post in the Direct Forums with your account information, they can check to see if there are any issues on the line and proceed from there. I know they've been doing maintenance on all the CMTS's so it's possible that something went wrong with a new piece of equipment.

roged49

Brentwood, NY
Ive eventually rebooted sometime today, the light turned green and the stalling has returned aswell. I just had to reboot it a moment ago.

Honestly, when it was amber, it was stable. I was hoping some local fellows would chime in before i went the support route.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
reply to roged49
said by roged49:

after i removed the drop pad on my amp

Given your Downstream power levels are at the high end, I suggest you try removing the AMP completely.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
reply to roged49
If it's stable on 32 MHz, my guess is that you have an issue on 22 MHz upstream. I'd contact CV to have them check things out.

roged49

Brentwood, NY
reply to TheWiseGuy
My amp doubles as a 8-way spliter, I don't have one that can conveniently replace it. I can say that in hot weather without the pad, the levels can sit around 0-2 db downstream and upper 30's upstream. When i took the snapshot it was a cool afternoon outside.

Also ive started with contacting support, thanks all.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
Add a 2 way, one split to the modem, one to the AMP. Your signals are good enough so that even with an added 3 db loss the other 7 ports will be OK and the modem will likely be running at a reasonable level downstream and not have the AMP in the path on the upstream.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.