MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to djeremy

MVM

to djeremy

Re: It's running on my Xfinity router

said by djeremy:

I haven't turned it off because I haven't really seen the need to since it's sandboxed from my home network.

And there is absolutely no way that someone could jump from the "free" wifi to yours? Sorry, I've been around long enough to know that nothing that is useful is 100% secure. I'm not saying I know how, I'm not saying that there is a way, what I am saying is a way may be discovered in the future and as with most security issues we won't know about it until months after the fact, if ever.

I own my own modem, so this don't affect me, but I would turn it off as I am unwilling to take a chance that Comcast did everything right from a security stand point.
djeremy
join:2004-07-12
San Francisco, CA

djeremy

Anyone can get into anything if they try hard enough. My home network has an SSID that publicly broadcasts. They'd probably be better off trying to get into that than trying to get through the xfinity WiFi.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to Kilroy

to Kilroy
"Sorry, I've been around long enough to know that nothing that is useful is 100% secure."

Then you better get off the internet all together if that's the reason for not wanting this service turned on.