Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

[TV] Chelsea Handler Will Host Netflix146;s First Talk Show

»www.vanityfair.com/vf-ho ··· facebook
quote:
Just two years ago, a comedian with her own talk show moving to Internet-only broadcast would look like a huge demotion. Now, streaming looks like the new frontier. Chelsea Handler, whose E! late-night show ends its run in two months and who was briefly rumored to be in the running to replace David Letterman, , will launch a new talk show on Netflix, set to premiere in early 2016.

According to CNN, some of the most important questions—will it show up online at the same time every day? Will it even look like a talk show?—remain unanswered. In a statement, Netflix said only that the show “will feature an updated format that still encompasses Chelsea's unfiltered opinions on topical entertainment and cultural issues, as well as her signature guest interviews.”

I guess Netflix just fired a warning shot. Because if this show actually attracts an audience, I would imagine Netflix would air over shows in a similar fashion.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

said by Snakeoil:

I guess Netflix just fired a warning shot. Because if this show actually attracts an audience, I would imagine Netflix would air over shows in a similar fashion.

I'm not sure what you're saying,....

Netflix already seems to have some deals with their exclusive shows. One such example would be "From Dusk Till Dawn the series" which I see no sign of directly on Netflix in the USA.
quote:
Based on the cult classic film of the same name, the series marks action auteur Robert Rodriguez’s first foray into serialised drama. New hour-long episodes of “From Dusk Till Dawn: A Netflix Original Series” will arrive weekly in Europe and Canada, within 24 hours of the U.S. broadcast. In Latin America, subsequent episodes will also be available on a weekly basis following the 19th March premiere. In the U.S., the series premieres on Tuesday, 11th March at 9 PM ET/PT on El Rey Network.
So apparently you can watch the series in the USA on the "El Rey Network" (never heard of it personally and don't have it) but you cannot stream it from Netflix,.........

Makes no sense,....

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I knew of Dusk til Dawn, but lack access to the EL Rey Network.
I wasn't aware of Dusk til dawn being a Netflix production.

My understanding is that Chelsea will be "broadcast on Netflix, much like any other talk show is currently broadcasted on cable/network TV.
So it sounds like it will air daily, like the other talk shows.
No idea how they plan on Broadcasting it, unless they enter a partnership with a network. Or they intend for it to be streamed "live" through Netflix.