Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

1 edit

1 recommendation

tshirt to flyingjoey

Premium Member

to flyingjoey

Re: This is a dangerous road we're traveling on!

said by flyingjoey:

"Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So you managed to read the first amendment, a yet missed the implied social responsibility that goes with the rights.
said by flyingjoey:

Booohooo! get over it people, it's not that serious.

BTW in the scheme of things, your cell phone bill is not that serious, vs violent attacks on other people are, just ask your mother, sister friends other persons.
flyingjoey
join:2005-11-07
Jersey City, NJ

2 recommendations

flyingjoey

AT&T raped me every friggen month for years, until I went to T-Mobile not it hurts less hahahahahah ahhahahah.
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

1 recommendation

AVonGauss to tshirt

Premium Member

to tshirt
said by tshirt:

So you managed to read the first amendment, a yet missed the implied social responsibility that goes with the rights.

Not that this is any way a first amendment issue, but the written word is what matters especially in a legal document. The "implied" is subjective since one will "imply" certain things that others may or may not.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

said by AVonGauss:

The "implied" is subjective since one will "imply" certain things that others may or may not.

So the revolution war was for "talk like a pirate day" ?
I understand what you are saying but I think flyingjoey See Profiles attitude trivializes the amendment rather than understanding/honoring it purpose.
Just as misusing the term rape dishonors and trivializes the suffering of crime victims and all those that seek to help them.
And if you think you don't know anyone effected, you aren't paying attention (I won't use the word ignorant because for some its because it's easier to laugh at them then be serious)
We can't begin to break the cycle of violence until we acknowledge it's pervasive nature, and that starts with the language we use.
And apparently John Legere now recognizes that too.
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss

Premium Member

The United States revolution was about taxation, and money... What we were discussing is the first amendment, which came a tad later (2 years) than our constitution. If you get right down to it, the first amendment was likely more inspired for religious reasons rather than how we commonly interpret it today.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to flyingjoey

Premium Member

to flyingjoey
No it didn't. You willingly did business with AT&T. That's not rape, in any definition of the word.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to flyingjoey

Premium Member

to flyingjoey
Letting them screw you for your own money isn't rape... That's being a John if we are being PC about it. T is the richest hooker of all time