spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Barry
join:2008-11-04
Burlington, ON

Barry

[Internet] Pair Bonding

Has anyone been upgraded via pair bonding since June 1st? I'm still waiting for 50/10 and can't get any information on why it's not available.
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping

said by Barry:

Has anyone been upgraded via pair bonding since June 1st? I'm still waiting for 50/10 and can't get any information on why it's not available.

For FibeTV ?

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

Yes. I'm pretty sure that's the only way you can get it. Before it was only available for those with low profiles, but now it's opened up to all so long as you have Fibe TV.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to Barry

Premium Member

to Barry
PM sent.

Fen
@174.88.65.x

Fen to Barry

Anon

to Barry
I have 25/10 and Fibe TV with the new Home Hub 2000 that I installed myself. Do I or should I request pair bonding?

I don't have any speed problems though.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by Fen :

I have 25/10 and Fibe TV with the new Home Hub 2000 that I installed myself. Do I or should I request pair bonding?

I don't have any speed problems though.

You would have been out on pair bonding if you needed it.

Fen
@174.88.65.x

Fen

Anon

Ok thanks for the quick reply I would have called a technician to install the HH2000 but it had instructions in it on how to swap out your sagemcom 2864 so I didn't bother.

Now just waiting for FTTH if and when it comes, unless I can get loyalty to give me 50/10 at a good price.
ISPreporter
join:2014-06-10

ISPreporter to Barry

to Barry
If your maximum sync (TV/INTERNET total) is higher than 33Mbits download with the right cable installed, they don't accept pair bounding switch.

But I heard they start selling pair bounding for higher internet speed.
SquadG
join:2013-06-09
Anjou, QC

SquadG to Fen

to Fen
I have 25/10 unlimited at 56.95 per month. The loyalty offered me 89.95 unlimited for 50/10 but the girl on the phone said it's not a good deal and it's not her fault (shes goes by Bell's offer). She said to wait, FTTH is coming pretty soon where I live... I keep seeing trucks everywhere but no news... And I do not know how to spot fiber cables.
Mont
join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont

Where are you located in Anjou ?
SquadG
Anjou, QC

SquadG

On Guy near Des Ormeaux.

I don't know if she was saying the truth, but since few months (march), I keep seeing trucks adding box and cables (brand is not Bell, but it's written in red.. do not remember)...
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

Aecon maybe?
Mont
Saint-Leonard, QC

1 edit

Mont

Ok thanks , it might be Telecon also.
SquadG
Anjou, QC

SquadG

Yes, Telecon ! »www.directioninformatiqu ··· _200.jpg
Mont
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont

If you can try to take pictures.
SquadG
Anjou, QC

SquadG

Will do. I'll try to take pictures of the new box... it's very small and appart from everything else. I'll do it monday.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

Through some help here I can now get 50/10 via pair bonding, but would lose the $18 credit on my internet. Thanks, Bell.
ainyul
join:2009-10-19
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul

how about keeping your plan as is and setting up a dry loop line; back to school coming up soon and may have some promotions for a new line?

then you can reduce your speed on initial line and or go through retentions and get rid of internet if you have fibe tv....

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

It's not really worth the trouble of having a second ISP as I currently pay $60 for 25/10 unlimited and would pay $90 if I wanted 50/10 unlimited. I would only switch for higher speed which would leave me with cable from Start for $90 for 50/10 unlimited plus $5 for modem rental and $50 installation or Cogeco which I would assume would be over $100 for 60/10 unlimited outside of a bundle. If and when they offer unlimited.

The positive is that it's cheaper than switching to a competitor. It's just a kick in the teeth as I wanted the higher tier when I signed up 7 months ago and would have received the promotional credit then but not now.
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul

did you try via loyalty ie retentions letting them know that the competition offers it and staying with BELL means an increase in price...;
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox to ISPreporter

to ISPreporter
Hmm. Wonder about upload? Maximum theoretical download reported on my line is like 50+mbit... but only 4mbit upload. Note that I don't have FibeTV, as I didn't want to be downgraded to 15.

Note that Bell's website claims I qualify for 25/10, but third party ISPs report only 6/0.8 by postal code... although one qualified my specific address, and it said 15/10.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry to ainyul

to ainyul
I haven't, but will.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to Sunfox

to Sunfox
Well with pair bonding theoretically your upload would be "safe" at around 6-7 upload as it should nearly double. However you would need fibe tv to get pair bonding.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

I bit the bullet as It appears my promotional credit is intact. Yay!
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul

great news!! so how did you go about it? pair bonding or?

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

Pair bonding was the only way I could get 50/10 and I get a Home Hub 2000 to replace the Connection Hub.
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul

so no loss of credits; bundle discount or increase in price? win win!!

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

Unfortunately an increase in price, but I'm fine with that.
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox to btech805

to btech805
Thanks... but I was referring to the comment that "If your maximum sync (TV/INTERNET total) is higher than 33Mbits download with the right cable installed, they don't accept pair bounding switch."

Theoretically I might be able to get 33mbit download sync - during diagnostics the other year my line was briefly set to "whatever it could handle", and I remember benchmarking at 38mbit or so, and I think my line's a bit clearer in the lower frequencies now. So if I could obtain that 33mbit sync, even with my clearly sub-par upload capability thanks to an unsolvable short that cuts off my frequency response like a cliff right in the upload band, might that mean they would refuse to pair bond?
hogtownhog
join:2013-08-23
Toronto, ON

hogtownhog

said by Sunfox:

Thanks... but I was referring to the comment that "If your maximum sync (TV/INTERNET total) is higher than 33Mbits download with the right cable installed, they don't accept pair bounding switch."

Theoretically I might be able to get 33mbit download sync - during diagnostics the other year my line was briefly set to "whatever it could handle", and I remember benchmarking at 38mbit or so, and I think my line's a bit clearer in the lower frequencies now. So if I could obtain that 33mbit sync, even with my clearly sub-par upload capability thanks to an unsolvable short that cuts off my frequency response like a cliff right in the upload band, might that mean they would refuse to pair bond?

If you buy a service that requires pair bonding, then they will set you up as a bonded customer. As long as the facilities exist. And if you have bad distribution pairs, they should be repaired by a cable technician.