Search similar:

uniqs
julienvf
join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC

julienvf to Barry

to Barry

Re: [Internet] Pair Bonding

Will they ever do pair bonding on DSL lines that have very low synchs like 1-3mbit? I have a few customers far from CO's who could definitely benefit from this on plain old DSL.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

I doubt it. Teksavvy does offer mlpp though to dsl customers

Barry
join:2008-11-04
Burlington, ON

Barry to julienvf

to julienvf
They only do it for Fibe TV customers and it sounds like you wouldn't qualify for it.
Barry

Barry

Turns out I did actually lose my $18 credit as it was only for 25/10. I called in and got a $12 credit for 12 months, so my bill only goes up $17 after taxes. I can renegotiate after that period ends.
ainyul
join:2009-10-19
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul

how long did the installation take? did they need to add a 2nd modem or just one modem? i am wondering since i was told to add a 2nd dry loop line and get the higher speed; and leave the fibe tv line as is but get 0 rated internet on that line....

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

Installation is on Monday.
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul

keep me posted, let me know.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

Will do.
btech805
Canada

btech805 to ainyul

to ainyul
Just one modem, it handles both DSL connections. In an existing home with a single line it depends on installation time. If it is an older home with daisy chained inside wiring it is going to take awhile as the tech will have to run a new line and jack if you must have the modem in a specific spot.
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul

thks for the info; whats the best step for me; i already have fibe tv with internet etc yet am limited to 25/10; i was told that if i add a dry loop line i can have higher speeds;

is that the same as pair bonding or? this is for a 2 floor concrete apt incidentally where the wifi doesnt work well..

initially i wanted to add the dry loop then go via retentions and add the 0$ internet option
btech805
Canada

btech805

Thats exactly what pair bonding is, taking 2 25/10 lines and giving you 50/10
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

1 edit

ainyul

thanks for the info; in terms of procedures is it better to either;

1. add dry loop then modify fibe tv for zero rated internet or;

2. ask from the get go if they can do pair bonding? (and if so what dept should i go through tech/retentions/sales)

cheers!

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

If you already have 25/10 + Fibe TV the only way that you're going to get pair bonded is if you upgrade your internet speed to 50/10 + Fibe TV.
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

1 edit

ainyul

I have been waiting for higher speeds for nearly 2 years but to no avail; hence was willing to have dry loop installed for higher speed;

so whats the best way to go about this? and via what dept so as to get the best price possible?

(keep in mind i have been having numerous problems with wifi for the last 2-3 months that they finally changed the modem for the newer hub if that makes any difference...)

EDIT: just logged onto my account and noticed this;
Package:
Bell Fibe Internet 75/75
hogtownhog
join:2013-08-23
Toronto, ON

hogtownhog

said by ainyul:

Bell Fibe Internet 75/75

FTTH!
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul

^i wish this is possible!!...

but when i log onto my account details it says package 25/10...???

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to ainyul

Premium Member

to ainyul
said by ainyul:

Bell Fibe Internet 75/75

My 25/10 says exactly the same thing on the My Bell as well.

SolvietUnion
@70.30.145.x

SolvietUnion to btech805

Anon

to btech805
said by btech805:

Thats exactly what pair bonding is, taking 2 25/10 lines and giving you 50/10

wouldn't the line be 50/20? since bell doesn't have a 50/20 profile, the customer would get 50/10 but the line would certainly be attainable for 50/20 though, I believe you owe us an apology?
btech805
Canada

btech805

Yes 50/20 is the what the line would be capable of however we do not sell that, hence why I said 50/10
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul

said by ainyul:

thanks for the info; in terms of procedures is it better to either;

1. add dry loop then modify fibe tv for zero rated internet or;

2. ask from the get go if they can do pair bonding? (and if so what dept should i go through tech/retentions/sales)

cheers!

^^any info on this^^

thks!

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

Home Hub is wired and ready, but activating it is taking longer than expected.
hybrid02
join:2013-02-06

hybrid02

can you please post speedtest with and without tv on, line stats and traceroute and also please post pic of modem. I'm thinking to upgrade to 50/10 asp.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

I'll post it once this is completed.
Barry

Barry

This has not gone as planned. It took four hours to get the internet working, but the TV is not. Apparently it's because Lantern/Webcare is either being hammered or just shitting the bed. The tech went to another job and will return later or call me if he can activate it remotely.

I cannot establish a PPPoE connection with my router through the Home Hub. Anyone have this problem or a solution? DHCP works for now, but is not ideal.
btech805
Canada

btech805

Yes lantern and webcare are beung hammered and we've run out of servers, which probably means the bond isnt done right. Also tell the tech to ensure both ports are on the same card. The last couple of weeks they've been assigned on different cards and it will never work like this.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

Thanks. I'll mention it to him.
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul to Barry

to Barry
said by Barry:

This has not gone as planned. It took four hours to get the internet working, but the TV is not. Apparently it's because Lantern/Webcare is either being hammered or just shitting the bed. The tech went to another job and will return later or call me if he can activate it remotely.

I cannot establish a PPPoE connection with my router through the Home Hub. Anyone have this problem or a solution? DHCP works for now, but is not ideal.

i hear you, missing out on BBQ and lots of family events waiting for tech to show up...

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

The tech left and said he would be back. The internet was working then, but is now down and the tv hasn't worked all day. I spent some time on the phone with no results other than a promise he would return tonight. I have the feeling that might not be the case.

Not impressed.
phily316
join:2006-01-31
Montreal, QC

phily316 to ainyul

to ainyul
said by ainyul:

^i wish this is possible!!...

It is possible, Ville Mont-Royal has FTTH at some places in the town.
btech805
Canada

btech805 to Barry

to Barry
There's no way hes returning considering his shift would've ended at 9 pm. Very sorry for the unfortunate treatment you are getting. Pm me the phone number with your account and I can try and get it working remotely