Search similar:

uniqs
ainyul
join:2009-10-19
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul to btech805

to btech805

Re: [Internet] Pair Bonding

had same issue, no tech showed up for a promised 5-9 appt.
ainyul

ainyul to phily316

to phily316
...despite repeated calls being told not yet available for me.

Barry
join:2008-11-04
Burlington, ON

Barry

No matter the province, Bell will find a way to disappoint. For us it happened on the exact same day!
Barry

Barry

Click for full size

Well, after making a call this morning I found my b1 password had changed and the technician didn't bother to notify me. I'm going to have to call in again and have it noted that he didn't leave me any paperwork as I don't want to get a bill for a missing Connection Hub. A big thank you to btech805 and JCohen for all your help and a flaming bag of shit for the other guy.

Here's a picture of my ugly, fingerprinted setup and a speedtest with 3 HD streams. I'd include an SD as well, but I don't have another TV/STB.

btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

You can always record an sd stream at the same time. Glad it was all sorted out for you.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to Barry

Premium Member

to Barry
said by Barry:

A big thank you to btech805 and JCohen for all your help

Glad to be able to help you out.
said by Barry:

Here's a picture of my ugly, fingerprinted setup

I've noticed how easy it is for fingerprints on the Home Hubs so I just leave the plastic on the front till I'm done or just leave it there even after I finish.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry to btech805

to btech805
Very true. It seems to take a megabit off with everything on or it might be congestion. Either way, not bad. Now if only they allowed on override option to allow more HD streams.

ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul

said by Barry:

Very true. It seems to take a megabit off with everything on or it might be congestion. Either way, not bad. Now if only they allowed on override option to allow more HD streams.

better late then never; glad it worked out in the end!!
hybrid02
join:2013-02-06

hybrid02 to Barry

to Barry
thanks for pic and speediest. On the right side of pic is it your router or Bell? are you on fastpath or interleave? How many phone line going into modem? I see the pic show only 1 phone line. I thought pair bonding using 2 phone lines into modem.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

It's hard to see, but there is one line coming from the top and one from the bottom. The left is the Home Hub 2000 and the right is an RT-N66U and I believe all Fibe TV is interleave.
hybrid02

hybrid02

My Fibe Tv is on fastpath and have no issue. Why don't you use Home Hub for wifi? isn't Home Hub is better signal?

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

If it could run Tomato I would. I'm running an adblock script which I wouldn't replace unless Bell paid me.

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_ to Barry

Premium Member

to Barry
said by Barry:

It's hard to see, but there is one line coming from the top and one from the bottom. The left is the Home Hub 2000 and the right is an RT-N66U and I believe all Fibe TV is interleave.

By default the Fibe TV are interleaved, however it can work over a standard Fastpath VDSL2 profile, which is how I've setup my connection at home.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

Does my line qualify? I'm on a stinger, so I bet not. If so, how can I be switched?
btech805
Canada

btech805

I wouldn't recommend it on a stinger, or at all really. In Jcohens case if he has any issues it's a matter of a push of a button, for regular subscribers it's jumping through hoops on the phone, all for a slightly lower ping time...

As for bonded profiles in your case now I don't think it is available what so ever (although I'll admit ive never looked) but the interleaved delay is more crucial with 2 ports communicating back and forth.
hogtownhog
join:2013-08-23
Toronto, ON

hogtownhog

said by btech805:

I wouldn't recommend it on a stinger, or at all really. In Jcohens case if he has any issues it's a matter of a push of a button, for regular subscribers it's jumping through hoops on the phone, all for a slightly lower ping time...

As for bonded profiles in your case now I don't think it is available what so ever (although I'll admit ive never looked) but the interleaved delay is more crucial with 2 ports communicating back and forth.

This.

I haven't seen any fast bonded speed profiles. Also, most interleaved profiles add only 4-6ms to your latency, and if you already have latency below the teens I don't see what difference a fast profile would make.

Barry
Burlington, ON

1 edit

Barry to btech805

to btech805
Point taken. What are the average pings on a 7330 fastpath? My speedtests are 10-14ms on average and I'm fine with that although I'm jealous of the 0ms I've seen with FTTH.
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul to JC_

to JC_
said by JC_:

said by Barry:

By default the Fibe TV are interleaved, however it can work over a standard Fastpath VDSL2 profile, which is how I've setup my connection at home.

what is interleaved; and standard fastpath profile?
hybrid02

hybrid02 to Barry

to Barry
I'm on a 7330 fast path 25/10 with Fibe TV

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

Well, shit!
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

1 edit

ainyul to hybrid02

to hybrid02
said by hybrid02:

I'm on a 7330 fast path 25/10 with Fibe TV

could this be why my speeds are now much lower; initailly my speeds were similar and now its much lower;

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 03191779

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 03209151
btech805
Canada

btech805

No your profile was changed after you canceled tv. Fast/interleaved is a delay or latency built into the line. Fast has none and interleaved has between 6-8 ms downstream delay and 2-8 ms upstream however the ping difference is much less noticeable with fibe tv profiles than regular adsl2+ interleaved profiles
hybrid02

hybrid02 to Barry

to Barry
maybe you can try ask xsbell to change profile to fastpath. That what he did to me. Or maybe btech805 can do.
ainyul
Mont-Royal, QC

ainyul to btech805

to btech805
^is this for me? i have not cancelled tv.....; but had issues when moved the modem so am wondering if the temp soln modified my profile and was not corrected. thx to all..!!

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_ to hybrid02

Premium Member

to hybrid02
said by hybrid02:

maybe you can try ask xsbell to change profile to fastpath. That what he did to me. Or maybe btech805 can do.

There are not fastpath profiles for pair bonding.