Mele20

Premium Member

Pale Moon 24.6.2 changed tab settings! UGH

Firefox 24.6.0 ESR

Firefox 24.6.0 ESR

Pale Moon 24.6.2

Click for full size
Pale Moon 24.6.2
The ONLY reason I installed Pale Moon was to avoid the garbage that is getting into Fx these days. Pale Moon was great until I did this latest update to 24.6.2. Now when I click on the down arrow at the bottom of the column of all my tabs (Tree Style Tabs) instead of getting a VERTICAL LIST of all tabs, I get that god-awful garbage page that opens in a new tab showing all tabs as thumbnails. Plus, it shows other garbage!!! You know...the advertising garbage that few of you believed would be there for non new Fx users...well, this crap got into Pale Moon somehow.

On Fx 24.6.0 ESR, I have the correct down arrow at the bottom of my tab column. I had that also on Pale Moon until after the upgrade to 24.6.2. Now, instead of the down arrow on Pale Moon I have four tiny squares. If I hover the mouse over that I get the usual popup that says "list all tabs". However, now on Pale Moon instead of LISTING THEM, a new tab is opened and I see THUMBNAILS and NO LIST anywhere. Plus, I have a search box to search those tabs! That's insane as why would I want to search my tabs? Plus, isn't that new in Fx 31 so how did I get that worthless junk on Pale Moon?

Of course, I fixed all that crap with new tab thumbnails when I installed Pale Moon. I checked and my settings in about:config have not been altered. My settings in Tree Style Tabs extension are the same on Fx and Pale Moon. I do NOT get a new tab page with thumbnails on Fx when I click on the down arrow so why do I get that now on Pale Moon? I have the cache disabled so how is that page showing thumbnails anyway? Did I miss some esoteric cache in about:config (as disabling the Cache Service does not disable all cache and you have to disable some cache by searching in about:config).

anonomeX
@71.207.157.x

anonomeX

Anon

browser.allTabs.previews setting?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

It was set to "true" which is default. I set it to "false" and closed/restarted Pale Moon. I had my down arrow at the bottom of the tabs back and when I clicked on it, I got the vertical list. Thank you!

That setting is not in Fx 24.6.0 ESR about:config. Is that setting new in Pale Moon 24.6.2? Ahh...googling told me that it was removed in Fx 21 which I never had. I had Fx 17 ESR before the current Fx 24 ESR. If that was in Fx 17, I guess Tree Style tabs over rode it as I always saw the tab list. (Or maybe I changed the setting to false in Fx 17 ESR and then forgot about it so I didn't think about it maybe being in Pale Moon).

I don't think I set "browser.allTabs.previews" to false in the earlier Pale Moon I had because I didn't know about it and I had the list of all tabs shown then so I wonder what made it change when I upgraded Pale Moon? I suppose Tree Style Tabs maybe over rode that setting in the previous version of Pale Moon? Ah well, I'll probably never know but the main thing is that it is fixed! Again, mahalo!