spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jctague
@173.52.91.x

jctague

Anon

Dead Zone

My router is on the 2nd flr of my house and my computer is hard wired to it. ......and i dont want to change that. The first floor of my house in an extension and a complete "dead zone" for wireless. Not total, but very degraded. My daughter wants her XBOX (360) there because of the large screen TV.
Question is: Rather than use a range extender can i split at the large screen TV and use some kind adapter to convert to a LAN cord for the XBOX

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

Yes, What you want is a MOCA adapter. Connects to the coax at the TV set and provides a LAN connection.
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Can I get an ethernet connection in a room with only coax?

jctague
@173.52.91.x

jctague

Anon

Thank you sir ..you are most kind for your quick and knowledgeable reply. One last follow up question(s) ....I am terrible working with splicing coax .....If I asked Verizon to do it on a dispatch will they charge me? ......and does Verizon sell MOCA adapters as they do range extenders? ...Thanks again?

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar to jctague

to jctague
Yes they will charge

jctague
@173.52.91.x

jctague to jctague

Anon

to jctague
Can someone help and let me know if this configuration will work .......

»fioshomenetwork.weebly.com/

Thanks to all in advance!

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

Yes, that will work.

Use part 2 of the link I provided earlier.
The WAN connection on the second router must be disabled (which part 2 does). You will want to configure wireless on the second Actiontec with the same SSID an on a different channel than the primary Actiontec.

BTW, you can upload pictures here. i wasn't able to access that web site until I got home from work.

jctague
@173.52.91.x

jctague

Anon

Thanks man ...that all makes sense. Let me start working on the stuff you gave me and if i hit any "walls" will post again.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to jctague

MVM

to jctague
There is no need to splice the coax. My understanding is the MoCA adapter comes with a splitter and another short coax length. It's included in a purchase from amazon. Is it he same kit when purchased from Verizon?
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by birdfeedr:

There is no need to splice the coax. My understanding is the MoCA adapter comes with a splitter and another short coax length. It's included in a purchase from amazon. Is it he same kit when purchased from Verizon?

I just purchased a MoCA adapter from Verizon a couple weeks ago and it works great. I now get a very good signal outside on my deck where reception previously had been very poor. It comes with a 2-way splitter, 2 coax cables, and 1 Ethernet cable.