spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

total cost?

What are the total monthly costs for High Speed Ultra, including fee's and taxes? I know it can vary by state but what is it in your state?
jcantara
join:2009-01-25
Tilton, NH

jcantara

The total sum of the charge posted to my credit card has been $69.95 for 1 month of Ultra. Nothing more, nothing less. (This is in NH.)
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

hmm. If I sign up online the Ultra package jumps from 69.95 to 74.95 ... they charge a $5 per month modem fee and I can't de-select that. I'd rather purchase my own modem.

koan00
@24.245.97.x

koan00

Anon

You can purchase your own modem. Are you using just internet? I think they may require their modem if you use their phone service..
jcantara
Tilton, NH

jcantara to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
Yeah, I use my own modem. Maybe you have to order the service over the phone to be able to use your own modem right from the start. Back when I first moved to Metrocast territory they didn't even have online ordering, so I don't know the specifics of it.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

what is the modem favored by you guys?
jcantara
Tilton, NH

jcantara to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
I have a Motorola Surfboard SB6120 and a SB6141. Both seem to perform identical, however the 6141 supports more channels of bonding and is theoretically more futureproof.

However, at the rate Metrocast is upgrading their bandwidth each year, both devices will probably die before they come close to being maxed out.

billh491
join:2001-08-09
Portland, CT

billh491 to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
I have the SB6141 if for nothing else then to see 8 channels lite up.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

my community has underground utility lines. so Metrocast is going to have to trench the line to my house, which is about 150' to the box. How much does that add to the install?
jcantara
Tilton, NH

jcantara

No idea. My line is an aerial, and I forget how much they charged me for installation when I had the house built ages ago. Your best bet at this point is to give their customer service line a call.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

will do that. I'll let you guys know how it worked out for me
Jim_in_VA

1 edit

Jim_in_VA (banned)

signed up for the ultra internet only. Tech came out and measured distance to box for underground wiring - 180'. Gave me a release statement to let them trench the cable after "Miss Utility" marks the existing underground wires. Had to make a sketch of house /road/septic layout. Did that and turned it into the local MC office. They said "two weeks" before install . Meanwhile went ahead an ordered a SB6141 modem and a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router. I'm ready when they are
Jim_in_VA

1 edit

Jim_in_VA (banned)

the trenching went well, a few days later the tech hooked up the line to a box outside and ran it into my office. Connected it to my already bought SB6141, provisioned it and left. All of the people from Metrocast and their contractors were friendly, accommodating, and professional. I give the install A+ .. it was $49 for all that work.

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH

icedcorn

Premium Member

I am one of those people that has service assurance. They have had to come out to me, and $3.95/mo is better than $75 for a service call. Probably cancels out. Anyway here in NH for me I pay,

08/01 - 08/31 Hsd-ultra 69.95
08/01 - 08/31 Service Assurance Plan 3.95
Subtotal 73.90
Taxes & Fee(s)
07/21 franchise Fee 0.15
Balance Due $ 74.05
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

they charge $75 for a service call for a problem on their end?

Chick
join:2000-12-27
Niantic, CT

Chick

Call and ask why. They tried the same thing with me and refunded when asked why!

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to Jim_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jim_in_VA
They do if the issue is determined to be on your end, not theirs.

Chick
join:2000-12-27
Niantic, CT

Chick to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
That's right. In my case the issue was on the pole and in the outside locked Box!

There never should have been a charge in the first place.