spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tech234
join:2013-12-17
k7s0b7

tech234

[Internet] Bell keeps cancelling our orders

Hey, so has anyone ever had problems with bell cancelling their orders? It's happened twice in the past week for an internet install. We switched back to bell from teksavvy DSL where we had the 15/10 plan the whole time. Bell offers us an amazing plan through retentions. Call in to confirm install. Order was cancelled. Get it straightened out call them today to make sure order was still good for a Monday install. Spend two hours the phone because they cancelled the order. Got no where with that. According to them the plan hasn't been and never was availible in our area (even though we had it and haven't moved or anything). Talked to a bell tech and he confirmed it was availible and even showed us our order number including the 7330 that we were on. My question is why would bell cancel our order without telling us and try to pull basically a bait and switch. Give us a sweet retentions deal only to tell us (through canceled orders) after we cancel teksavvy and have it disconnected they can only give us the 5/800 plan and a much higher price then the 15/10 unlimited we were offered.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

Chances are your local opi or crossbox is near capacity and the minute your tsi account was canceled it was assigned elsewhere, and now there are no available 7330s. Quite often techs will get orders out showing 7330s available when the ones they've assigned are some one else's. This is probably the reason although I don't know why they wouldn't tell you.

If it is the reason it means you wont be able to go back to teksavvy vdsl2 either...

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

That's hilarious. Only Bell Canada could fuck something up like that.

Let this thread serve as a lesson to others.

In the meantime, I would file a complaint with the CCTS about this. Might not amount to much, but I'd do it anyway.

Mike

mikekay
Premium Member
join:2011-01-29
Kitchener, ON

mikekay to tech234

Premium Member

to tech234
Fibe 5/1 usually means ports not available -- Or no more old DSL connections as they will be migrated to a new FFTN system. Mine JWI did the same thing. Btech did you get my IM?

That's my two cents.
tech234
join:2013-12-17
k7s0b7

tech234

Hey, thanks for the quick reply Btech805, read it but couldn't reply due to sketchy cell service. I want to think it is all sorted out now, got the modem from them just waiting for them to activate our 5/1 at the CO. Got talking to a higher up at Bell, confirmed more ports were being activated out here "soon" and said they would honor our retention deal when that time came.
tech234

tech234

After 20 days of back and forth, Bell level 3 finally calls us back. Confirming ports are full. After trying to give us DSL from the Arnprior CO (roughly 15km away?!) they inform us we are without internet until mid to late July as they are just turning on a new remote,which is better then nothing I suppose.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by tech234:

After 20 days of back and forth, Bell level 3 finally calls us back. Confirming ports are full. After trying to give us DSL from the Arnprior CO (roughly 15km away?!) they inform us we are without internet until mid to late July as they are just turning on a new remote,which is better then nothing I suppose.

At 15km, you're not going to get anything. They know this full well, they're just blowing smoke up your tail.

Mike

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to tech234

Premium Member

to tech234
said by tech234:

Slightly amusing, I was the one that called you yesterday about this. You're not the first person out of that remote that this has happened to. The remote is 12 Km to the Arnprior CO with 3 load coils on it, a load coil will kill all DSL no matter what the distance is.