Search similar:

uniqs
Xtreme2damax
join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY

1 edit

Xtreme2damax

Changing dns settings?

I purchased a Verizon-890L-26D8 jetpack off Amazon because I needed internet. I'm so ecstatic here in a rural area I can get Lte even if just three bars w/o an antenna but that's a lot better than I expected. I was actually expecting I wouldn't be able to pick up an Lte signal and be booted back to 3G Evdo. Speed is decent at around 9Mbps down and 3Mbps up with 36ms ping being the lowest so far.

Moving on to my question.. First thing I do with internet is switch over to either OpenDNS or GoogleDNS. I had a look through the settings for the device but couldn't find a way to set DNS servers at the device level so I'm unsure if I'll be forced to configure them via my operating system.

I'm also not certain if this device can be tethered via a usb cable. I tried plugging in a usb data cable but my computer didn't detect it so there may be a driver I have to download if I can even tether the device.

Thanks for any solutions regarding setting DNS servers on the device and usb tethering if possible.

Edit: Another question, when I signed up I went with the 10GB plan to get started with plans to look into pricing for higher than 10GB. However when I signed into MyVerizon it doesn't show any plans above 10GB, 10GB is the highest but I know they offer higher than 10GB and at least up to 20GB. :/
Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax

Well I'm going to call it. Sadly I don't think the device supports changing dns servers in it's options forcing me to change dns through my OS (Windows) and also doesn't appear to support usb tethering.

Does this device support higher than 10GB data plan? Seems silly you can get higher than 10GB on some devices but nothing higher than 10GB seems to be an option for this. Plus it seems data is slightly more expensive? I was looking at data packaged and could get 12GB to 14GB for $90 /mo.

Is there any way to get higher than 10GB on this sans signing up with an mvno/reseller?
Xtreme2damax

4 edits

Xtreme2damax

I am having a gripe with this. It seems at random or during the day Lte speeds are severely degraded and only during the night was I able to pull 17Mbps down and 3Mbps up.

I can not figure out if there is a way to specify custom dns servers from the device or that option may be hidden nor am I certain if I can tether via a micro usb cable to my computer.

I've been trying to hop online to play Team Fortress 2 but this device seems to struggle with the Steam server browser and listing servers. At first the server browser lists some servers but if I refresh the server list it kills the connection briefly. So when I try to load the server list I see "No servers are responding to your query" and if servers show up, when I try to join I get a popup ingame from the server browser that the server is not responding. However if I keep clicking join I'll eventually be able to join. Ping isn't as good as I thought it would be but better than 3G, pings are also degraded at random or during the day. I'm still getting the same amount of jitter as I did over my 3G Evdo connection through VM so I'm not sure whether or not something else is at fault.

I'd appreciate any responses and solutions to these issues, thanks.

Edit: Is this device compatible wit the More Everything plan with higher than 10GB data? If so and since I have my own device I won't be required to enter a contract like with my current service?

Edit2: Well at least I figured out how to upgrade to a higher data package. Other inquires still unresolved though.
Xtreme2damax

1 edit

Xtreme2damax

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Edit: Besides the issues I mentioned I took note that during the day the device seems to fall back to 3G Evdo despite showing me connected via Lte. Only later at night does it seem I can get Lte speeds and latency. :/

That would explain why performance is trash during the day, stupid thruway the tower had to be near. If it weren't for the thruway I doubt we would be able to get 3G Evdo or 4G I just wish it wasn't with a cost. At least my Sprint Overdrive Pro stayed connected to 3G Evdo constantly with constant speeds.

Towers are likely not full size towers either, with some hills and valleys between it degrades signal and quality of service.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to Xtreme2damax

Premium Member

to Xtreme2damax
You may want to hit up the 3G store and look for an external antenna. »3gstore.com/

You'll need to modify your DNS settings in your OS. Though, I've found Verizon's DNS servers to be very stable and ad free.
Xtreme2damax
Port Byron, NY

1 edit

Xtreme2damax

Alright but it seems a passive antenna or a new device are my only options for an antenna. Too bad this device doesn't allow changing dns servers from the device. I do that to set it and forget it and is useful since the providers dns servers tend to get overloaded with requests.

Any idea why I'm having trouble with the Steam server browser both ingame and out, is there any way to resolve that?

Edit: Will there ever be more competition in the mobile sector? Would be nice and hopefully lead to better data packages at an affordable price. It puzzles me why Verizon charges so much for Fios when there is Time Warner, DSL, Wireless. Then there's Spring, AT&T and T-Mobile but prices are just as expensive.

Isn't there anyone that can directly compete to force lowering of prices and better packages through these current providers? :/

It's asinine that internet in the US is inferior and more expensive compared to some parts of the world.
Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax

In addition to my last inquiry about resolving issues with my service/device and the Steam server browser I have an additional inquiry I'm hoping someone could take the time to provide an answer.

I decided maybe it would be better to upgrade to the 20GB plan and keep it at that. At first 10GB but after watching usage I decided maybe to try going with the 16GB plan. After that and another day or two of watching usage I decided to go with the 20GB plan for 4GB more headroom based upon current usage. I didn't want to severely impact my enjoyability of the internet which is impacted enough due to no Dsl, Cable or Fios in the rural area I reside. I was afraid of going over and being hit with exorbitant overage fees.

So I upgraded to the 20GB effective today but it's only showing as 17.33GB, not 20GB like I chose. Is there anything for me to worry about or some interaction on my behalf or is it some bug/glitch with their system? Another thing is switching plans twice now in less than a week, hoping that won't add too much in prorated charges.

To cut down on data I have Adblock and Flashblock installed. Had those installed already but may need to tighten the blacklist ruleset since some stuff slips through. Sorry websites that run ads; I have my security, data caps and wallet to worry about. I don't like when malware authors can distribute malware via ads infecting everyone visiting a website running a rogue ad. I wish I could financially support you one way or another but that's besides the topic.

In addition to adblock/flashblock I've installed a data compression proxy addon in Chrome to conserve as much data as possible. Any large downloads I would have to do prior to the next billing cycle when data usage resets with unused data if it works that way.. Rollover of unused data would be nice though, heck even if I could prepay the overages to build up a data bank without losing it that would be nice.
Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax

Still awaiting assistance. I think the server browser issues might be somewhat resolved but I have to test more. Any idea why my 20GB plan is showing as 17.33GB?
Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax

Anyone have any idea? If not just reply to say you're not sure instead of leaving me hanging.
Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax

Can someone please respond?

Still having trouble with the Steam server browser. Maybe it's the device or service itself but am not sure. I think the wifi in this is junk and the device doesn't support tethering lol. Wish someone made a custom rom/firmware to add features like custom dns servers, more intuitive and easier to manage interface, improve wifi & router..

As I also asked why is my 20GB plan only showing 17.33GB as my cap rather than 20GB?

Another thing is it possible to get a discount on data through a contract and if so would they run a credit check & require a deposit? I want to do some Netflix however any less than 30GB isn't sufficient enough because not only do I need data to get me through the month but data left over at the end of the cycle to run updates for Windows, update games on Steam and other large downloads right before the cycle ends and usage resets.

The problem is there is such a steep increase going from 20GB to 30GB, from $110 to $190 so I'm wondering if there's a discount offered to those in contract and if it's decent enough to make the jump to 30GB?

I wish I didn't have to pull hairs out of my head obsessing about data usage.. Either way I'm screwed since I live in a rural area and it's either satellite or 3G/Lte, Verizon Lte is priced similarly to Hughesnet minus an off peak bonus time. There are no "unlimited" data only Verizon mvno's and Sprint doesn't offer Lte here yet. Millenicom is my only other choice for an mvno on the Verizon network however their customer are paying about as much as Verizons. Might as well get it from the tap than a distributor so I'm not given lower priority.

Something really needs to come out here that is more generous on caps or "unlimited" like Fios or cable. Even if a company considered offering fixed wireless with a 60GB to 120GB cap that would be more than enough to meet my needs.

Thanks..
tdumaine
Premium Member
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

tdumaine to Xtreme2damax

Premium Member

to Xtreme2damax
said by Xtreme2damax:

Still awaiting assistance. I think the server browser issues might be somewhat resolved but I have to test more. Any idea why my 20GB plan is showing as 17.33GB?

You would have wanted to backdate it to allow 20gb for the whole month. You might want to call and have that fixed if it can because you are prorating yourself on both sides and subject to a double overage charge.

Example:

You are on the 10gb plan. at exactly halfway thru the billing cycle, you change to 20gb effective that day. Your 10gb plan is prorated allowing only 5gb for the first half of the month (10gb divided in half), and your 20gb for the rest of the month is also prorated to 10gb (20gb divided in half). If you used 8gb in that first half, you are now 3gb over, and then you use 12gb in the second half of the month you are 2gb over on that half of the month but you didnt use over 20gb total.

See the booboo? If you change plans, never ever ever make it effective that day. Backdate if you are worried about overages, future date to next cycle if you are planning ahead.
Xtreme2damax
Port Byron, NY

1 edit

Xtreme2damax

Oh I didn't know that. Is it possible to change via the website or do I have to call? I presumed effective the same day would've been fine since at the time I was well under my cap, I started off with 10GB. That's a dirty trick Verizon is employing then there usage is very slow to update and I doubt it's reporting usage correctly. It seems I'm using more than I've been, maybe I should do a compare of usage using data usage monitoring software if anyone has suggestions for something decent.

Btw I started out on 10GB as I said, I wanted higher but that's what the employee at the Verizon store set me up with on a Friday. To get a higher data package I had to switch to the More Everything plan then chose the 16GB plan the same night I got service. Once I realized I may need a bit more headroom I switched to the 20GB plan by the following Monday. So they would still charge overages withing three days of switching plans because that doesn't seem right to me. By the way they made it sound backdating was just if I wanted to drop to a lower plan and I was over the cap for the lower plan so backdating to an earlier date where usage was lower or under the cap was my understanding how backdating worked.

It's too bad everyone charges so much for mobile data especially Verizon when for some of us there's nothing else available since everyone refuses to build their terrestrial network very far outside the cities/villages. Here I sit not even ten miles outside the city/village with nothing better than satellite, 3G Evdo/4G Lte (Verizon), they even skimp out on the towers with them not being full size towers and not emitting a very strong signal.

But what about issue with the Steam server browser, how can I resolve that. I tried lowering max pings / minute and it still kills the wifi or connection when loading a list of servers or refreshing. During the day speed drops down but is still acceptable given the alternatives. Pings seem higher than they should be and pinging over 100ms to some east coast servers that are local to me.

Is it possible to get a discount on data pricing with a contract and if so would the discount be decent enough to warrant dropping no contract 20GB plan in favor of 30GB?

Sorry for the kind of tl;dr. :/
tdumaine
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

tdumaine

Premium Member

It's not a dirty trick its prorating. If you started on 10gb and changed it 3 days later, you get 3 days usage of 10gb prorated. math is: 10gb divided by 30 days equals 333.33333 megabytes per day, so 3 days is 999.9999 or 1gb. If you used more than 1Gb in those three days, you are in store for one hell of a shock come bill time due to the proration. If it is still in your current cycle, the easy way to fix it is to call in, step up one step on the data, and ask it to be backdated.

re the steam browser etc, cant be much help there, sorry

No they wont give a discount on higher tiers of data contract or not (if you go contract you are just screwing yourself locking you into a contract for the same thing)
Xtreme2damax
Port Byron, NY

Xtreme2damax

That does still seem very stupid especially if I was well under the allotment for my plan. I can understand prorating but not if it involves overages for being under my plan limit. Kind of screwing the customer there, don't prorate the data usage in that case and just prorate the overall cost of the plan for a partial week. Why would they even factor in data usage in such cases?

I could understand being on a higher plan then dropping down to a lower plan where I already exceeded the cap of the lower plan on the higher plan.

Could I email them, live chat or use their support forum to resolve this? I hate talking on the phone as I am not good with explaining things and suffer from high anxiety.
tdumaine
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

tdumaine

Premium Member

i wouldnt do it by chat, they wont do it by email (cant verify you). All you have to ask is "please bump me up to the next amount of data and backdate it please". If they didnt prorate it, then they truly would be scamming. Would you want to be charged a full month for a higher plan if you changed it on demand?
Xtreme2damax
Port Byron, NY

Xtreme2damax

Well what I meant and am worried about is being hit with hefty overages for being well under my plan allotment.

So no way to resolve other than to call? What do these places do in the event someone is deaf or has some other disability. For example I have high anxiety, social anxiety and autistic symptoms that make it difficult to pick up the phone, attempt to explain the issue coherently enough the rep can understand. It overall becomes stressful on me and likely the rep who has trouble understanding. However I am usually great when it comes to typing stuff out, just not verbalization. I have no one that can speak on my behalf other than my mother and she won't handle stuff over the phone for me.
tdumaine
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

tdumaine

Premium Member

i would do chat then but it may take a bit for them to understand, feel free to copy paste my above response to them or the one with the math
Xtreme2damax
Port Byron, NY

Xtreme2damax

Alright I will try the live chat option first then call if I can't get this resolved via live chat.

Is there anyone that knows why loading or refreshing a list of servers in the Steam server browser is killing the connection, any way to resolve that?

I'm limited to wifi unless I purchase a new device as my current device doesn't support usb tethering. Device manufacturers need to include features such as usb/ethernet tethering, advanced router features with ability to specify custom dns servers, robust port forwarding as basic standard features.
Xtreme2damax

2 edits

Xtreme2damax

Changing the CafeRate seems to alleviate the Steam server browser issue somewhat however I have two other seemingly related/unrelated questions..

Is there a map specifying future Verizon Lte/XLte deployements? Is it possible I will get access to XLte being in rural Montezuma/Port Byron, NY anytime soon in the future? According to Verizon's map Auburn, NY isn't XLte yet but Syracuse, NY and Rochester NY are but either are around an hour or little over an hour away. Auburn, NY is around ten or fifteen minutes away which is around an eight mile drive but am unsure if XLte goes live there if I'd be able to pick up a signal from that far away. Currently sitting at three bars Lte without an antenna but that's only on the one window, anywhere else it's one or two bars Lte but generally it drops to 3G or 1x/CDMA anywhere else but that one window.

Any idea if mobile data will ever become more competitively and reasonably priced? Because paying $80 for 10GB, over $100 for 20GB and $200+ for 30GB or higher is just plain ridiculous. We somewhat rural folks would like to have some decent options available where we don't have to be overly paranoid about caps and what happens should we hit or exceed such lowly caps.

Is it too late to contact a rep to backdate now? I posted on the Verizon forum but so far no rep has offered to help so I may need to either live chat or call.
Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax to tdumaine

to tdumaine
Just wanted to let you know I contacted a rep via live chat and got that resolved. After explaining my situation it was taken care of and the bill backdated.
Xtreme2damax

1 edit

Xtreme2damax

Apparently not resolved, being charged for 10GB overages. They are showing me as using 30GB but the usage on their website and my device only shows little over 14GB.

I contacted the rep and got everything backdated so I don't know what they're claiming when their website and my device shows me little above 14GB for the month. Billed for $165 overages, sorry Vz no way especially when I've been so paranoid about data usage that I check it constantly. I've been careful not enjoying to the full extent what I could be enjoying with nice city internet. I've been closely monitoring my data usage.

Being almost 6GB under the cap I don't know where they got the 10GB overages on my 20GB plan totaling 30GB. It's bad enough their usage doesn't update quickly enough but now being hit with $165 worth of overages by being under the cap according to the usage meter on my device and their website is worse.

Well I complained on their forum bumping my thread from earlier this month. If I don't hear anything I'll be calling tomorrow.
Xtreme2damax

1 edit

Xtreme2damax

When Verizon wireless data service is suspended is there a note stating the account is suspended, an sms stating the account is suspended?

I'm trying to get this resolved. Usage data shows me being under the cap by five to six GB, usage data on MyVerizon matched the device until recently but now they are claiming I went over my 20GB cap by 10GB. Usage data on the device still remains unchanged and shows me at 14.5GB.

It seems service has been suspended as of noon today. I just paid my balance for my bill of $117 but now they want $165 for overages plus the bill for next cycle will likely come due soon. I just can't afford that with my current income and I've been very careful and paranoid about usage for this very reason but it seems that don't matter. :/

Responses appreciated, please don't keep me waiting too long.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to Xtreme2damax

MVM

to Xtreme2damax
said by Xtreme2damax:

Any idea if mobile data will ever become more competitively and reasonably priced? Because paying $80 for 10GB, over $100 for 20GB and $200+ for 30GB or higher is just plain ridiculous. We somewhat rural folks would like to have some decent options available where we don't have to be overly paranoid about caps and what happens should we hit or exceed such lowly caps.

No. Wireless is a gold mine fueled by pixie dust and the caps will keep on happening. Just look at what's happening to our world-class wired infrastructure!
Xtreme2damax
Port Byron, NY

2 edits

Xtreme2damax

Well yeah obviously but one can hope and dream.

I like living where I am right now so maybe we might get lucky within five years. It will look quite silly for these corps by the next decade if areas just minutes outside the cities, villages and towns don't have other options. Even fixed wireless with "unlimited' or generous caps would be a decent option if it costs so much to run the lines. I hope if/when they decide to cut the copper phone lines the government steps in forcing them to expand fiber to all affected areas.

Any idea what happens when an account is suspended? No note on the account, email or sms stating it's suspended but I lost Lte connectivity and it's showing 1x or 3G but not connecting, can't seem to load web pages either.

I've had service less than a month, paid nearly the entire balance this cycle save for $25 which I'm paying next week when I cash my check. They're claiming 10GB (11 actually) overages on my 20GB plan totaling 31GB for a whopping $165. However usage data shows be being 5.5GB under my 20GB allotment. My device only shows 14.5GB out of 20GB used and usage data on MyVerizon account matched up until recently. I found this out when I got an sms about high overages and to text *611 to avoid suspension which I can't do because it's a hotspot and not a phone. I logged in and to my unfortunate surprise saw a massive $165 charge for 10GB (11GB) overages. Usage information on the device still hasn't changed/updated.

I had already contacted a rep about backdating which the rep did and I thought that was the end of it. I tried the Verizon forum to resolve this but it looks like I will have to call in tomorrow.

Edit: The device keeps cycling between 1x, 3G and Lte but fails to connect to the network. No evidence the account is suspended other than not being able to connect to the network.

Edit2: Any idea is I'm suspended or what is happening here?

Jan Janowski
Premium Member
join:2000-06-18
Waynesville, NC
·Carolina Mountai..
Synology RT2600ac
Linksys E2000

4 edits

Jan Janowski

Premium Member

My daughter bought a Pay as you go JetPack for our trip to Mountains of NC, where we have no wired phone or internet....
We weren't planning any Game use, just minor browsing and email use... That seems to be the best thing for Jetpacks....
Here's the thread we started, and I'd suggest playing with Networx as it pointed out useage, and I could tailor my needs to the 3Gb I was limited to....

»[Speed/Latency] Verizon Jetpack question

We had middle of range RF detected, and it worked fine for our minimal web surfing issues, and even did an Adobe Camera Raw Update through the Jetpack....

It wasn't as fast as our home 50/10 Comcast, but it was better than nothing! (This at a house who's nearest telephone pole is hundreds of feet away and ~100 feet below, and many trees, away from the house).

P.S. I put in extra DNS entries in the wireless properties of the laptop. I'm not certain that they were ever used, but didn't slow it down!
Xtreme2damax
Port Byron, NY

Xtreme2damax

Wow I was just about to bump this because 36 hours without a reply lol. Still waiting on a response for my last inquires. I don't have other options out here either besides satellite or 3G Evdo, Verizon is the only provider I can get Lte from through.

Being just myself I can get away with a bit of Netflix, Youtube, streaming music and online gaming with the 20GB plan. I've been very careful monitoring how much data the stuff I'm doing online uses and constantly checking usage out of paranoia because of overages.

I posted on the Verizon forum when these extreme bogus overage charges were discovered but forgot to mark it as a question. An admin/mod changed it to a question so reps could see it and assist but no response since Wednesday.

I don't have fixed phone service, only a prepaid Tracphone with limited set amount of minutes I need to make last the month and is primarily for emergencies. My phone doesn't get good reception here. I suffer from high (social) anxiety and have some speech issues making talking and explaining things over the phone difficult and what I say is often misinterpreted.

My only real lines of support are web based or in person at a Verizon store but can't commute there unless I can find a ride into the city. I tried the direct forum here on dslreports but they only deal with Fios and dsl, they claim they can't contact Verizon wireless let alone help me despite basically being the same company.

So atm I have no service even though it's been less than a month since I got service and my usage information showed me only using 14.5GB out of my 20GB cap. What I think happened is the rep only backdated the 16 -> 20GB upgrade but not the first 10GB -> 16GB upgrade.

I barely have a network connection right now, my parents are letting me use their satellite net until I can get this resolved. I have to connect via wifi around 50ft to 70ft away barely having a connection, it's slow as heck and times out.

Jan Janowski
Premium Member
join:2000-06-18
Waynesville, NC
·Carolina Mountai..
Synology RT2600ac
Linksys E2000

1 edit

Jan Janowski

Premium Member

As you probably saw in my link, I didn't quite understand how much data things take to get done, but I was lucky that someone pointed out a program, Networx, that let me see firsthand, at home prior to going on vacation, how much data was used and which program was doing it...
Armed with this information, I was able to tailor these programs settings such that I never exceeded my Data Limits.... 3Gb....
As it turned out, I limited my useage to such an extent, that I was no where near the limits and could have increased the amount of web-surfing I did..
But the one thing I learned is how to determine where I was in my data useage....

I don't know where you were, but where I was the Jetpack data use only worked once or twice during the 2 weeks I used it... When I got home, it worked, and I compared what Networx said I used compared to Verizon Jetpack, and Jetpack said I used .040Mb greater than what Networx said I used.... That's acceptable....

I'm a complete Newbee with data plans (My cellphone isn't smart or even text ready) But I have heard Horror Stories of $$$$$ Bills, and I didn't want that.... Not having any prior history with data, I was a bit paranoid with what I was getting into, as is probably evident in my Threads here at Verizon Wireless...

I really believe you would benifit from running Networx so you could see how much data you were using as you go along, so you don't get into such a financial bind..... Afterward...

I know I wouldn't like an overage charge....

Good Luck with your issues...
Xtreme2damax
Port Byron, NY

1 edit

Xtreme2damax

Well I could but I am generally good at estimating how much something uses. I check usage after any web activity, for example I found each hour I play my game online sucks around 100MB per hour. An hour (40 minute) television show on Netflix was using around a GB per episode for SD quality. Then I found the hidden menu on Netflix to adjust bitrate which I then used around 300MB to 500MB per episode with alright quality.

The issue here though is with misunderstanding backdating as I've never dealt with such stuff before. I upgraded twice within three days since getting service and decided to stick with the 20GB plan. I did contact a rep via live chat after someone warned and informed me to do so in this thread due to overages. I did just that and the rep backdated but it seems likely the rep backdated one plan and not the other.

Usage information showed me as being under my cap using 14.5GB out of 20GB. I can't check the usage data now because I've been locked out, can't connect to the network so usage data doesn't update/show. I can't afford or deal with this bs so I hope they resolve it soon and restore my service. Otherwise I'm going to be stuck with over $400 for the first two months of service. Despite prorated charges when I was in the city and could get Fios prorated charges and a partial month service weren't this outrageous. Verizon wireless must think we're made of gold and can shake us out like a piggy bank.

So is Verizon Wireless and Verizon Fios essentially two different companies? One apparently can not communicate with or contact the other or cross assist with issues and seems out of touch with each other..

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

said by Xtreme2damax:

So is Verizon Wireless and Verizon Fios essentially two different companies? One apparently can not communicate with or contact the other or cross assist with issues and seems out of touch with each other..

That is correct. For the longest time, Verizon Wireless was a joint ownership between Vodafone and Verizon Communication. Now it's wholely owned by Verizon Communications, which you can think of as a big umbrella company. You have Verizon Business, Verizon Wireless, and Verizon (the Residential/Small business company). All of these entities tie into each other in some way, shape or form, but do not communicate with one another directly.
Xtreme2damax
Port Byron, NY

Xtreme2damax

I see well that explains a lot. Too bad mobile data is priced so poorly with low caps it could be a decent option for some rural folks if the corps wouldn't be so greedy and out of touch with things. Even with competition it doesn't seem to affect mobile prices and plans that much.

Well it seems my service is dc'd and will have to wait ages for a rep to respond on the Verizon wireless forum, try to load live chat over throttled satellite that's slow as heck and times out continually or call in when I can get to a phone.

I love when service is disconnected but they don't sent notification that it's disconnected/suspended. I've not received any email, sms, phone call nor is there a note on the account stating it's suspended. But if it was a normal outage service would have been restored by now and there would be notification of an outage in the area. The device is still getting a data signal but won't connect to the network, if I try to manually connect it will just loop then I'll get a connection failed message. This is ridiculous because I've had service less than a month and just paid nearly the whole bill this cycle except $25 which I was going to pay next week when I cashed my check and now $165 in bogus overages.