join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

3 recommendations

nunya

MVM

[PBX] BBB pic

Click for full size
My move to a VPS for my PBX didn't work out so well. I decided to bring everything back "in-house". Before, I was still running virtually with PIAF Purple on Proxmox.
This time, I'm "building" a device specifically to serve as the PBX. Instead of the Raspberry Pi, I decided to get a little more horsepower with the BeagleBone Black. I'll be installing PIAF raspbx.
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere

I've been running this (»www.beaglebone-asterisk.org/) on mine for some time now.

Rock solid. Had to fix one missing module in the system (which I sadly don't recall) and it's running happily error free.

bitseeker
join:2014-03-05

bitseeker to nunya

to nunya
Very cool nunya. Which rev is it? If C, did you have to wait long to get it?

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya

MVM

Rev C.
It came right away (2 days?). I ordered from »specialcomp.com . It was $55 for the BBB, and $9 for the clear case.
I have raspbx loaded up and PIAF installed.
I cannot tell the difference between this and my previous setup on Proxmox. So far, I have none of the gripes that I've heard about as far as the GUI is concerned.
Ubuntu is a little different. I use MythBuntu, but otherwise I'm used to the "no nonsense" world of CentOS.
I have yet to finish and get it fully on line. I've been too busy to mess with it too much.

bitseeker

bitseeker

Oh they have them in stock. Thanks. Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences with it when you get more time to tinker.
voxframe
join:2010-08-02

voxframe to nunya

to nunya
Very interesting!

Any idea if these guys ship to Canada? Their website is, well, piss poor to be honest.
iamhere
canada

iamhere

I bought 2 of mine from Adafruit.

Took a couple of weeks each time but they made it no problem with no unexpected charges.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
O Fallon, MO

nunya to voxframe

MVM

to voxframe
Their website is awful, but they had them in stock and ready to ship. I prefer instant gratification.
hoolahoous
join:2004-08-25
Red Valley, AZ

hoolahoous to nunya

to nunya
can it do G729 translation ?
and are there G729 libraries even available for BBB ?

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX

XCOM to nunya

Premium Member

to nunya
Sweet project!

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
O Fallon, MO

nunya to hoolahoous

MVM

to hoolahoous
I've been using asterisk since the A@H days, and never felt compelled to pay in to G729.
voxframe
join:2010-08-02

voxframe to nunya

to nunya
I'd love to know how many voip to voip calls this thing could handle at the same time. Same for voicemail and internal PBX stuff.

Let's say pure voip to voip, no transcoding, but still passing the media streams through the box. Any guesses?

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

Anecdotal talk is 10 concurrent conversations.
nunya

nunya

MVM

Click for full size

bitseeker

bitseeker

That's looking good, nunya. You running it all from the onboard eMMC?
iamhere
canada

iamhere to nunya

to nunya
Nice, the extra storage on-board makes a big difference on the rev C vs my rev B;
RonR
join:2003-10-10
Ash Flat, AR

RonR

Click for full size
Here's what a Raspberry Pi looks like running on a 16 GB SD card.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
O Fallon, MO

nunya to bitseeker

MVM

to bitseeker
Yep. I decided to skip the SD card altogether - for now.

bitseeker

bitseeker

Can no longer stand on the sidelines watching y'all having fun with this. Ordered a BBB.