uniqs
« [Quantum] Multiple TVsNew episodes »
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 9 · 10 · 11 · next
flatron
join:2014-02-27

flatron

[Channels] September and October Channel Changes

FiOS® TV Channel and Programming Changes

On or after September 1, 2014, “RAI Italia” will move from channel 1772 to channel 1790 in the FiOS® TV Channel Lineup.

On or after September 1, 2014, “PBS WLIW TV 21 HD“ will move from channel 470 to channel 521 in the FiOS® TV Channel Lineup.

On or after September 15, 2014, Channel 567, “Universal HD” will be removed from the Extreme HD package. Channel 567 will continue to be available in the FiOS® TV Ultimate HD package.

On or after October 1, 2014, “TVBe” will move from channel 1798 to channel 1794 in the FiOS® TV Channel Lineup.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

I am glad that channel 470 will be moved right next to the other PBS HD station, now.

altermatt
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY

altermatt to flatron

Premium Member

to flatron
said by flatron:

On or after September 15, 2014, Channel 567, “Universal HD” will be removed from the Extreme HD package. Channel 567 will continue to be available in the FiOS® TV Ultimate HD package.

I can understand moving channels, and even can understand dropping channels altogether rarely, but changing a package's channels when you are still carrying the channel for some? I'm really afraid that Extreme is going to slowly end up to be Prime renamed.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Yeah, I posted a few weeks ago that I noticed the website didn't include Universal HD in Extreme anymore and wasn't sure if it was a mistake, I guess it wasn't. They also don't have Chiller in Extreme on the website anymore either, I wonder if that one is moving too. I'm glad they are moving WLIW in with the other HD's.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to altermatt

to altermatt
said by altermatt:

I'm really afraid that Extreme is going to slowly end up to be Prime renamed.

They have added sports channels to ExtremeHD so it seems they are positioning it as the Sports Plus package.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

ESPN's Buzzer Beater and Saturday College Football channel used to be in the Extreme package but they took it out well over a year ago. I just wish FiOS would get their act together one of these days.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to altermatt

to altermatt
Probably moving Universal HD to MPEG4?

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

1 recommendation

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by Greg2600:

Probably moving Universal HD to MPEG4?

I hope so. The more channels they move to H.264 the better.
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

1 recommendation

thetick to billhere

to billhere
said by billhere:

ESPN's Buzzer Beater and Saturday College Football channel used to be in the Extreme package but they took it out well over a year ago. I just wish FiOS would get their act together one of these days.

I don't recall you were complaining when CBS Sports HD was added for no additional charge. Not sure what "act" you expect to get together, but channels are not free. When channels get added either other(s) will be removed or the price will need go up.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL to Greg2600

Premium Member

to Greg2600
That was my first thought when I saw the post.
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to flatron

Premium Member

to flatron
Which package is HBO part of ?

I ordered Ultimate and see that HBO is not part of it.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by Acct101:

Depends on your region. NJ/NY has HBO part of ultimate, others do not.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by Greg2600:

said by Acct101:

Depends on your region. NJ/NY has HBO part of ultimate, others do not.

Technically for NY/NJ I think you need the Ultimate Triple Play bundle to get HBO included, not just the Ultimate TV package.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to thetick

to thetick
said by thetick:

I don't recall you were complaining when CBS Sports HD was added for no additional charge. Not sure what "act" you expect to get together, but channels are not free. When channels get added either other(s) will be removed or the price will need go up.

I complained last fall when CBS Sports HD was NOT added and also when CBS Sports SD was placed in the extra-price sports package without the HD counterpart. I look forward to college football on CBS Sports HD this coming fall, but the stuff they have on this summer is hardly worth watching. I'm certainly not interested in East Coast minor league baseball games.

Some of the channels are indeed free -- CSPAN, for example. And some of the sales channels pay providers for carrying the channel.
Expand your moderator at work

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

1 edit

sashwa to flatron

Mod

to flatron

Re: [Channels] September and October Channel Changes

This topic has been bumped up for discussion if you want to continue talking about the changes.
Acct101
Premium Member
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to flatron

Premium Member

to flatron
I'd like to see Fox Sports 2 moved to HD and sit next to Fox Sports 1

Uaphan
@100.1.127.x

Uaphan

Anon

I wonder where they will put the SEC Network (assuming they offer it)?
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick to billhere

to billhere
said by billhere:

Some of the channels are indeed free -- CSPAN, for example. And some of the sales channels pay providers for carrying the channel.

And those channels have about 10 people watching them. If they were not free or paid to be on they would not even be on channel listing. Channels with high ratings are never free.

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy

QVC & HSN have decent viewership.
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy to thetick

to thetick
Old post we're replying to here, but C-SPAN isn't free for cable/satellite providers. The retrans fees paid are the sole source of funding for C-SPAN. Zero government funding.
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76

said by dfwguy:

Old post we're replying to here, but C-SPAN isn't free for cable/satellite providers. The retrans fees paid are the sole source of funding for C-SPAN. Zero government funding.

Very true, but it is worth noting that C-Span 1, 2, and 3 are some of the cheapest cable networks at only a few cents per month per subscriber. Yet DirecTV and Dish Network still don't carry C-Span3 which is indicative of very low viewer interest.
Acct101
Premium Member
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to dcowboy

Premium Member

to dcowboy
My parents watch cooking with David every Sunday and even do the happy dance. I can only shake my head.
Acct101

Acct101 to thetick

Premium Member

to thetick
I like watching CSPAN. At times it gets very frustrating, other times I learn something new.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

Saw this today on my bill. This is at least for Florida. Hallmark movie channel in SD and HD is already not part of extreme where I am, but I guess some in other counties/markets still have it in SD right now. Interesting thing is the channel is in the lower preferred tier, but not the middle extreme one. ABC Family is the same way. It's in SD and HD in preferred, but not in HD in Extreme. How they figure these channel packages out boggles my mind. If you pay more for a better tier you should get more channels, not have some removed.

"FiOS TV Programming Change in FL
On or after October 15, 2014, Channel 239 (SD), "Hallmark Movie
Channel" will no longer be available to customers with the Extreme
HD, Essentials and Premier packages."

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by Myzteziz:

ABC Family is the same way

You sure ABC family HD is not available for you? I have it with ExtremeHD in VHO7, channel 699.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to Myzteziz

Premium Member

to Myzteziz
According to the message you wrote, it looks like they are taking it out of the lower package under Extreme now.
chewypgh
join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

chewypgh to Myzteziz

to Myzteziz
I got the same notice in my bill except it said Pittsburgh instead of FL.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

1 edit

Myzteziz to bohratom

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

said by Myzteziz:

ABC Family is the same way

You sure ABC family HD is not available for you? I have it with ExtremeHD in VHO7, channel 699.

Yes according to the lineup in my market/region ABC Family HD is not part of the Extreme package, but is with preferred and ultimate.
I was going to upgrade to extreme, but my wife likes abc family in hd and watches a good amount on it so as much as I'd love a few more channels like DIY even though we still dont have it in HD, until they add it here I'm not budging.
Myzteziz

Myzteziz to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

According to the message you wrote, it looks like they are taking it out of the lower package under Extreme now.

I'm pretty sure essentials and premier is the same package as extreme, but are old names of the package. They probably listed it for those that are grandfathered into the old plans. I only knew of prime and now preferred for being under extreme and there's no mention of it being removed from them. I honestly never watch the channel so I could care less either way. lol