yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Bulger, PA

tp0d to Count Zero

Premium Member

to Count Zero

Re: [Plumbing] Couple Questions

A few bubbles on a flush isnt unheard of. Mebe a video of it, if its that much of a worry.

How does it relate to the sump pump? When the pump runs, does it make bubbles in the toilet? Edit- just re-read, its a sewage ejector, which services that toilet, yes?

The noise from the bath trap could be a disconnected vent pipe in the wall, do you have a trap door access behind the bath to inspect the pipes? A pic here would help too.

If everything works, and no smells, not sure i'd fix somethin that aint broke

Oh- that autovent in the attic is a kind of shortcut, but not illegal. You -do- have a large (3"+) stack vent goin thru the roof somewhere, yes?

-j

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

I'll get a video of the bubbles later - it's a pretty small amount but I want to make sure it isn't a bigger problem coming.

The pump running does not cause any bubbles or noises from the drains, they appear when the toilet is first flushed and the pump runs several seconds later (or if it just ran it may not have to run at all until the sink is used to wash hands...)

The jacuzzi bath sits in the corner and there is an exterior wall on two sides and a separate shower on the third side so no vent access I can see.

I have two 3" stack vents going atmospheric (one on either side of the house for the plumbing on each side of the house.
Count Zero

Count Zero to tp0d

Premium Member

to tp0d
IMG_5932.MOV
24,129,840 bytes
Here is a video that shows the bubbles I am talking out - it's a small amount seen immediately after flushing the toilet.

jrs8084
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC

jrs8084

Premium Member

I would hardly call those "bubbles" anything to worry about.

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

That was my initial thought when my M-I-L told me about them and then kept saying that "someone she knew had gotten bubbles once and it was a sign their sewer line was collapsing..."

Anyways - since the tub isn't making the noise when the toilet is flushed now and the bubbles aren't very impressive I will ignore this and tell the plumber never mind when he calls back tomorrow to schedule the visit.

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Bulger, PA

tp0d

Premium Member

Looks like a normal flush to me.