spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DInosanto

@74.101.220.x

Will CCleaner Do the Job?

Giving away 2 PC's & a laptop. Would like to erase drives. Is CCleaner's wipe tool sufficient?
Secondly, would like to restore OS to default but have no disk.

Ken1943

join:2001-12-30
Denver, CO
If you can use the factory restore that comes with the computer, that is the best way. It will wipe out C: drive and start from scratch.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to DInosanto
»www.dban.org/ is what most people recommend and is fantastic.
I personally like »Secure Erase: CMRR
EDIT: Link need to be updated.
EDIT2: »cmrr.ucsd.edu/people/Hughes/secu···ase.html
--
"Graffiti Wall" Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

DInosanto

@74.101.220.x

2 recommendations

thanks both

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
My response to your question is no, it won't. It does a good job for what it does, but even it has left overs that can be eliminated, just on a normal clean up, by another tool for the same thing. It isn't meant to do what you want. Follow Dystyn's suggestions and you can't go wrong.

redwolfe_98
Premium
join:2001-06-11
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 recommendations

reply to DInosanto
ccleaner is not intended to be a "disk-wiper".. you should use a different program for wiping the disk..

also, simply reinstalling windows et al, as someone suggested, does not involve wiping the disk.. if you want the disk wiped, you have to wipe the disk first, before installing windows et al..

personally, i always use a utility from the harddrive-manufacturer to wipe disks.. if you go to the harddrive manufacturer's website, you will find utilities there that can be used for wiping disks..