NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR

NOYB

Premium Member

Order Self Install w/o Modem

Is it possible to order Century Link Internet service without a modem?
Only options I see are for rental ($6.99) and purchase ($99.99).
Also it does not specify modem model that will be provided. I don't like purchasing equipment without knowing what it is. And don't want to rent.

There is option for self install but doesn't seem to be a way to provide ones own modem.

Thanks
coryw
join:2013-12-22
Flagstaff, AZ

coryw

In former Qwest areas, I tend to get the "no modem" option, at least when I'm pricing for business class. I would buy or rent the modem so that you can get connected and find out what technology you're using (ADSL, ADSL2+, VDSL2, etc) and then return it once you find a suitable device.

Though, it's also nice to use the CenturyLink-labeled modems because if your line has any problems and you call in, the tech should be able to use TR-069 to access it and see stats, logs, etc.

Ken1943
join:2001-12-30
Brighton, CO

Ken1943 to NOYB

to NOYB
Get it up and running with their modem and then buy one. Just make sure you SAVE THE UPS TRACKING NUMBER when returned, FOREVER. They have a habit of screwing around. UPS has an email notification system. Use it and save all the emails, FOREVER.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR

NOYB

Premium Member

But what about ordering service without a modem? That is the point here. Already have equipment that will work.

Ken1943
join:2001-12-30
Brighton, CO

Ken1943 to NOYB

to NOYB
That can be done, just do it over the phone so they don't screw t up. Maybe !!
gapmn
join:2013-11-10
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn to NOYB

to NOYB
Yes call them or use the "chat" function to set it up w/o modem.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to NOYB

to NOYB
I was offered to order internet service as you described in a chat session. Call or chat and they can order you the service with no order placed for a modem.
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to NOYB

to NOYB
Hello,
We can assist you and provide you with the information that you're requesting. Please shoot us an email at TalkToUs@Centurylink.com

Thanks,
^Josh