Search similar:

uniqs
mikegbn
join:2014-07-03

mikegbn to TigerLord

to TigerLord

Re: Crytek In Deep Trouble

Yeah i read about it the other day.

Very sad news. I liked Crytek, the games are amazing made with crytek and it obviously had a lot of potential.

I do wish they get through this and start making kickass games again. Here's hoping

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Apparently the failure of that Xbone exclusive Roman game (Ryze) turned off many studios to Cryengine.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I would have picked it up for $14.99 on Steam sale.

Sony is rumored to be acquiring Crytek: »www.loadthegame.com/2014 ··· ek-soon/

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

i really like crysis 1 and 3 also, 2 was kinda meh but still good gameplay.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Better than MS.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Looks like the US office's leadership resigned, and employees aren't even getting paid on time right now. They've downsized their Texas studio significantly and closed down the UK office entirely.

They also sold the Homefront IP to Deep Silver, the publisher behind the hit release X: Stillbirth. Oh, I'm all excited for this one.

I imagine whoever is left at Crytek is now looking for another job with great haste and vigor.
me1212
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

Deep Silver also does the metro series now right? Although I don't know if crytek going under is good or bad for the industry, but its certainly interesting and a good reminder that anything can happen.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I always wonder if there will ever be another "Crysis" that'll come along and just completely blow everything out of the water on graphics.

The graphics leap that the original Crysis brought was pretty significant. We just seem to get graphics increases of small increments here and there now days.
me1212
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212

said by Ghastlyone:

just completely blow everything out of the water on graphics.

Depends on what you mean by that. Realistic looking? I kinda doubt it with how devs seem to hate taking advantage of higher end hardware. Yeah we'll get there but one stop at a time not jumping like we used to. Though CDPR does seem to take bigger steps than others.