NeoGeo64
Premium Member
join:2001-09-22
Leesburg, GA

1 edit

NeoGeo64

Premium Member

[Help] Can't connect to Google Play, FaceBook after IP address change

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 and I'm on Straight Talk. The phone is very nice, when it works.

I have found that after I either restart the phone or otherwise obtain a new IP address after a long phone call I can no longer access data through certain apps such as Google Play, FaceBook or YouTube. I get a cannot connect error.

The only remedy I have found at this time is to clear the data out for these apps under settings and restart the phone.

My data connection remains active when I get these errors because I can still use the browser and surf. But, if I try to do a Google search either from the widget or the website it won't allow me because it says it cannot connect. Again, the only thing that fixes the issue is what I stated above.

Connecting to WiFi doesn't correct the issue, and it doesn't really matter anyway because I'm not having connection issues with my 3G.

This is very annoying and I have to clear data and restart the phone multiple times a day.. I just spent $300 on this device and I want this problem to disappear.

PLEASE someone tell me what's going on and how to fix this.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Do you have the proper APN address for your carrier?

»www.straighttalk.com/wps ··· port/apn

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to NeoGeo64

Premium Member

to NeoGeo64
Have you contacted your service provider?

NeoGeo64
Premium Member
join:2001-09-22
Leesburg, GA

NeoGeo64

Premium Member

I bought the Galaxy from Straight Talk, so I reckon it is configured properly.
NeoGeo64

NeoGeo64

Premium Member

I didn't fill out the Google Account info when I set up the phone. I added an account later. I've read somewhere to factory reset my phone and add the Google Account info during set up and I won't have this issue.

Is this true?
NeoGeo64

NeoGeo64

Premium Member

Just incase anyone ever has this problem I want to let everyone know that the way to fix this issue is that you must set up your Google account while you're setting up the phone. If you don't, and set it up at a later time, Google stuff won't work very well. You'll constantly be told there is something wrong with the network, etc.

Set up your Google account while setting up the phone, to fix this issue, if you're experiencing it. The way to fix it if you didn't set up Google accounts on the phone when you first turned it on after getting it out of the box, is to do a hard factory reset.

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium Member
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105
ARRIS ONT1000GJ4
EnGenius EAP1250

rchandra

Premium Member

I have to wonder if going into the settings->apps and finding Google Services Framework, clearing its cache, clearing its data, and rebooting would be similar. Maybe not, but I thought that was where the Google services login data were stored. I did that on another tablet I owned (which is dead now, ran Gingerbread), and then I could go into settings->accounts and add in my Google account credentials.