spc
Search similar:

uniqs
HDOrlando
join:2011-11-30

HDOrlando

June Legal Notices/HD Anticipation Thread

It's that time of the month again.

If you come across a notice in your local paper, please post it here via upload or by typing out a summary.

Michigan's will arrive Thursday while the rest of ours will arrive by Monday.

Please note the on or after date on notices when they are posted. Sometimes they launch on the date but on occasion they do launch after the date.

While there are not a lot of pickings for this notice, here are some possibilities.

-Africa Channel HD (Might be unlikely since it's on MTM's)
-Aspire HD
-Daystar HD
-NHK World HD
-Pivot HD
-Revolt HD
-Retirement Living (RLTV) HD.

Note: Not all of these channels (Aspire HD, DayStar HD and Retirement Living HD) are available for sure. They are just rumored.

- SEC Network does not launch until late-August so even if a deal is struck, it will not be in the notice. If a deal happens, Fusion HD and LongHorn Network HD's additions could be part of a deal.

Other possibilities include

- The Pac 12 regional Channels SD/HD for systems (Bakersfield already has them) although this likely would not launch until Football season.

- Something that TWC/BHN has picked that we do not know about.

Here are the channels on month to month agreements

Caracol TV
GolTV
Jewelry TV
NHL Center Ice/NHL Network
Outdoor Channel
Youtoo
Zap2it (Channel Guide for customers without a box. I am surprised this was not renewed in the WGN America deal although sometimes it's an extra month for networks to no longer be listed)

Bakersfield also has NUVO TV (Likely to take over FUSE) and RFD-TV on MTM's.

Note: FearNet could appear on the notices (It's on TWC ones) and with the channel scheduled to be folded into Chiller, TWC/BHN might pull it at any time although with the Comcast/TWC merger pending approval, they probably keep the channel until it folds.
jwt0001
join:2014-03-28
Ashland, KY

jwt0001

This may well just be a list of month-to-month agreements. We will definitely hear about SEC ahead of official notification here, but I think we are still a month away from movement on the issue. Living in SEC country as I do, there is definite concern around here, but I would be shocked if there wasn't a deal before launch.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

I doubt we get anything in this notice too unless it's a rollout of Pivot or Revolt.

SEC Network might come down to the wire and we will hear about it in the pess before here. I do expect a deal to get struck though and think picking up Fusion and everyone adding LongHorn Network to Sports Pass could be part of the deal.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

Our notice (Orlando) has arrived early and before Michigan AGAIN.

There are no surprises though.

MTM Changes

FearNet expires on July 30. Given the TWC-Comast merger, this might stay until it folds into Chiller. FearNet was on TWC notices so this was expected.

On or after August 4, 2014

MC: MCU (channel 403) will rebrand to MC: MC Indie

On or after August 12, 2014

It has a chart and to sum it up, all of the OTA channels will no longer be available in analog format. If you don't have a box, you need those DTA's.

Conclusion

All in all, no surprises and it's not like BHN has anything to add either.

Just look at the possibilities list in my newly updated signature.

Anyone really bummed about not getting Daystar HD, Pivot HD, Revolt HD and NHK World HD or channels that may not exist like Aspire HD or Retirement Living HD? I mean I do want Pivot but they need stuff to add in future quarters.

This quarter is all about SEC Network and believe a deal will get done before the launch in late-August.
yimitz
join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI

yimitz

Nothing to add from the Michigan notice. Only change for us is FSN2 is changing channels on or after August 1st.
jwt0001
join:2014-03-28
Ashland, KY

jwt0001 to HDOrlando

to HDOrlando
Only thing from Birmingham was a change in the name of one of the music channels.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

Nothing as expected.

However, based on Comcast notices and Cox pulling FearNet from their lineup, that July 30 end date for FearNet on our notices very well might be the date when they cease operations and fold into Chiller.

Do not be surprised if they clearly spell that out in the next notice.