spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Joeyc213
@173.68.74.x

Joeyc213

Anon

Modem question

I currently have only one verizon fios modem, and I do not wish to move it, However I'm aware that the same coaxial I use for my tv will work if I do plan to, but what if I bought a seperate modem off amazon? Will it still work? Will it affect my bill?

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

VZ does not use modems except in certain MDU VDSL installations. If you have a VDSL modem, no you can not install a second VDSL modem.

If you're referring to the Actiontec MI424-WR ROUTER (it is not a modem), then yes, you can install a second router. See the instructions here:
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Can I get an ethernet connection in a room with only coax?

No, it won't affect your bill.

JoeyC213
@173.68.74.x

JoeyC213

Anon

said by More Fiber:

VZ does not use modems except in certain MDU VDSL installations. If you have a VDSL modem, no you can not install a second VDSL modem.

If you're referring to the Actiontec MI424-WR ROUTER (it is not a modem), then yes, you can install a second router. See the instructions here:
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Can I get an ethernet connection in a room with only coax?

No, it won't affect your bill.

So an ARRIS Motorola SB621 SURFboard won't work?

Joeyc213
@173.68.74.x

Joeyc213 to More Fiber

Anon

to More Fiber
So I take it something like an ARRIS/ Motorola SB621 SURFboard won't work?
mikev
Premium Member
join:2002-05-04
Leesburg, VA
·Verizon FiOS
(Software) pfSense
Panasonic KX-TGP600

mikev to Joeyc213

Premium Member

to Joeyc213
The cable modems used by Comcast, TWC, Cox, and other cable companies will not work with FiOS. Those modems use DOCSIS for their communication, which is completely different than what FiOS uses.

Motorola/Arris and other DOCSIS cable modems will not work on FiOS.