All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to kontos

to kontos

Re: I smell a lawsuit coming

If you are so cheap that you take the 100Mb free option then I'm pretty sure you are to cheap to pay for that first visit to a lawyer.

norm
join:2012-10-18
Pittsburgh, PA

norm

said by battleop:

If you are so cheap that you take the 100Mb free option then I'm pretty sure you are to [sic] cheap to pay for that first visit to a lawyer.

Or you're financially responsible enough to not pay for more than what you need.

battleop

battleop

"are to [sic] cheap"

Damn, your Nazi grammar skills got me. I'm glad you found the real issue in my post.

norm
Pittsburgh, PA

norm

The real problem with your post is that you equate people not purchasing more than what they need as being cheap. If Verizon does not rectify the issue, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these "cheap" people take up legal arms.

battleop

battleop

Really, Who uses 100Mb / month today? It was a FREE tier and now people are bitching at Verizon because they are not getting something for Free. They need to bitch at Google who sold the Chrome books and not Verizon.

norm
Pittsburgh, PA

1 recommendation

norm

said by battleop:

Really, Who uses 100Mb / month today? It was a FREE tier and now people are bitching at Verizon because they are not getting something for Free. They need to bitch at Google who sold the Chrome books and not Verizon.

Why does it matter how much data someone uses? The point is, people purchased the device with the agreement that there would be a free tier of data for 2 years. The devices have Wi-Fi, they don't need to use mobile data 100% of the time. As the article clearly stated, the 100 MB plan is good enough to get you online in a pinch.

If Verizon agreed to Google's terms in regards to offering the 100 MB data tier for free for two years and then Verizon later reneged on that agreement, how is that not Verizon's problem with its customers AND Google?

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5

Premium Member

If Google reneged on their agreement with Verizon how is that Verizon's fault?

battleop

battleop to norm

to norm
"If Verizon agreed to Google's terms in regards to offering the 100 MB data tier for free for two years and then Verizon later reneged on that agreement, how is that not Verizon's problem with its customers AND Google?'"

If that's the case then the problem is between Google and Verizon and NOT the end user. This will then create a problem between Google and The End User but not between the End User and Verizon.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to norm

Premium Member

to norm
I'm not sure buying a $1450 Chromebook of all things is being "financially responsible" even if it comes with 100MB of free data each month for two years. If you do the math on that, you could get a cheap laptop and PAY for internet every month for two years and come out ahead if you purchased data in blocks, and even if you went unlimited you'd break even or only spend a little more, depending on how much the laptop was.

norm
Pittsburgh, PA

norm

If someone bought it because they wanted the Chromebook experience and knew it would would mostly be used in an environment with Wi-Fi, I think 100 MB is more than adequate. At the end of the day, they were promised one thing but are receiving something else.