Search similar:

uniqs
i2Fuzzy
join:2009-02-25
Garland, TX

1 recommendation

i2Fuzzy

June 3

Sprint announced the "Happy Connecting" event on June 3, well before T-Mobile announced their 7-day test drive. I don't see how they're connected.

This is a way for them to show off their new improved network without making potential customers feel like they're taking a risk based on what the mobile tech blogs have to say about them.
DarnellP
join:2004-10-12
Las Vegas, NV

DarnellP

said by i2Fuzzy:

Sprint announced the "Happy Connecting" event on June 3, well before T-Mobile announced their 7-day test drive. I don't see how they're connected.

Thank you.

jseymour
join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

1 recommendation

jseymour to i2Fuzzy

to i2Fuzzy
said by i2Fuzzy:

Sprint announced the "Happy Connecting" event on June 3, well before T-Mobile announced their 7-day test drive.

But they did not announce resumption of the 30-day money-back guarantee, at that time, did they?

Oh, look: Sprint’s 30-day satisfaction guarantee follows T-Mobile test drive. I guess the Kansas City Star are TMO fanbois, too?

Jim
i2Fuzzy
join:2009-02-25
Garland, TX

i2Fuzzy

It's more like bad reporting all around. T-Mobile is the carrier that generates the most buzz, so gets the most readers. That's static across most publications, online and in print.

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

what is the big deal who was first if they merge all those plans will be obselete
DarnellP
join:2004-10-12
Las Vegas, NV

DarnellP to jseymour

to jseymour
said by jseymour:

But they did not announce resumption of the 30-day money-back guarantee, at that time, did they?

Is it commonplace to disclose what you're going to announce at an event...before the event actually takes place?

Oh, look: Sprint’s 30-day satisfaction guarantee follows T-Mobile test drive. I guess the Kansas City Star are TMO fanbois, too?

Jim

They mention and briefly compare the two programs which is reasonable enough considering some of their similarities. That's different than basically declaring that T-Mobile is responsible for Sprint launching this program (along with every other initiative in the wireless industry apparently).
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to tito79

to tito79
+1

30 days wouldn't be enough for me. Sprint has been promising 4G in Buffalo for well over 2 years. When they skipped Wimax I didn't look back.

However something like ringplus for $2 could try it out on one of my many skeleton sprint phones sitting around to see if their supposed NV upgrades actually work now, not that LTE does (which it doesn't).

I don't see why ANYONE would sign a contract w/ Sprint unless they were in an existing spark area with a spark phone. Anything else is the lotto, pure and simple. And even then LTE to voice handoff is still sketch.

I really hope they get their act together, because it has been keystone cops for years ever since the Nextel titantic sunk them. I remember when they used to have the BEST corporate service and their data cards were the fastest. Back to the future...

And as you say if TMO and sprint merge, throw your phones away. I'd like to see how they network vision that nightmare...