spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Razzy12345
@67.240.3.x

Razzy12345

Anon

Surface Pro 3

Who has it? I got the i5/8GB/256GB SSD. What an awesome device.

kvn864
join:2001-12-18
Sun City, AZ

kvn864

I didn't know they have released it yet. It is close to impossible to take apart I found, but general user should never have to.

Razzy12345
@69.204.156.x

Razzy12345

Anon

Yeah that's what you get when you buy a very thin device. I knew of the danger before I bought it. iPad Air/MacBook Air/Pro are same way. SP3 is really thin - thinner than iPad 3. It's nice to have to have a full blown desktop OS on such a thin device for my on-sites.

So I guess I am the only one on this forum who has it. =p

Skipdawg
The Original

join:2001-04-19
Mount Vernon, WA

Skipdawg to Razzy12345

to Razzy12345
Specs look cool. Might have to think on that.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Razzy12345

MVM

to Razzy12345
For those thinking about buying a Surface Pro 3 but have a competing product:

BestBuy will give you a $50 gift card if you trade in any working tablet (apparently). Naturally you can apply that to the Surface 3.

Microsoft will accept Apple Mac Book Air trade-ins giving you up to ~$650 to apply towards a new Surface Pro 3. So the entry level i3 version of the Surface Pro 3 would cost about ~$150.

Razzy12345
@69.204.156.x

Razzy12345 to Skipdawg

Anon

to Skipdawg
Having to use it for several days, here's my honest review:

I really like this thing. It's great as a laptop for sure. I can use it just fine on my lap but then I rarely use it on my lap. It works better than a laptop on a tablet because the keyboard sits so low - if it's flat on table or it sits at an angle. It feels alot better typing on the keyboard than an actual laptop. The trackpad is very good - works WAY better than I expected. One of the best I've used - two finger scrolling and pinch zooming works like a MacBook - it's very silky smooth, pixel by pixel - not like the line by line if you know what I mean. Also 360 movement on trackpad works. I can draw things on a trackpad (of course like you can on touchscreen).

Keyboard is great - again better than I expected. I type very fast on it. There are times I would be using touchscreen, keyboard and trackpad during the times I use it.

Pen is OK. I didn't use it much. But it's good to have if i ever need to draw a diagram for something.

Screen is, well, awesome. Pictures look unreal on it.

Using it as a tablet is also good - although i never owned a tablet but this one is very light to use as a tablet even at 12 inch. It won't be good for something like reading a ebook on it for sure - that's where Kindle excel in.

Lenner
join:2014-07-09

Lenner to Razzy12345

to Razzy12345
it is do a great tablet. But price really high. do you get any accessories for it
bfreese
join:2003-08-18
Wadsworth, IL

bfreese

You just get the pen and that's it. I picked mine up last week. I really like it, but the wireless drops frequently on my home router due to a driver bug which is supposed to have been fixed this week. I can't test to see if this weeks update fixed it or not.