Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

Re: [News] Chinese Government has banned Win 8 from use on Government PC's

quote:
I'm also running system backups to the cloud because hey, if my house burns down (or all my computers are stolen), there goes everything I have!
I see your point.........but I use 3 ext drives and leave a couple in a fireproof safe.

I have one drive that I carry around with my laptop and basically has everything I need including movies for flights.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

I solve it very easily. I have nothing irreplaceable on a computer.

I believe that liberty and freedom cannot exist without privacy. If that makes me a "privacy nut" so be it. I am proud to be one which is something that cannot be said for most Americans alive today.

If I was running a business on the net then I would need elaborate backup but not for personal use of a computer. I print out important documents and keep them in my safety deposit box at my bank. Otherwise, since I am not running a business I am not that concerned about what is on my computer. I would hate to have to retweak my applications but other than that....versions of apps that I really like, where the latest version of the app is garbage, I burn a copy of the installer. I suppose if the house burned down, a tsunami took out the house, etc. I wouldn't have another backup of that app. Somehow I think I would be a lot more concerned about important things I lost than something on a computer which is for entertainment.