Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

Re: Ubisoft employee admits to downgrading Division.

$250 (additional dollars) for a game that you might get 50 hours of gameplay from or $250 for 6 games that would probably give you double or more hours of entertainment? It seems silly, to me, that you would you disservice yourself so much simply because the graphics have been downgraded (and can usually be edited quite easily with a tweak), whereas the gameplay has not.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212

Give money to devs that haven't lied to you and aren't makeing games actively look worse and possibly run worse on your platform of choice, or give money to devs that actively lie make games look worse and possibly run worse on the platform you play on.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

$250 (additional dollars) for a game that you might get 50 hours of gameplay from or $250 for 6 games that would probably give you double or more hours of entertainment? It seems silly, to me, that you would you disservice yourself so much simply because the graphics have been downgraded (and can usually be edited quite easily with a tweak), whereas the gameplay has not.

I've already put close to 150 hours into BF4, a game which is pretty much a clone to BF3. I expect to put hundreds of hours into SC.

And it absolutely is worth it to disservice myself from playing those games to send the message to Ubisoft that we don't mind that they focus on console development, as long as PC versions are not crippled, and occasionally see high-def eye candy for the superior race. I guess that's too much to ask.

Heck, even Crytek came out with an HD texture pack for the later Crysis games. That is good enough for me.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Eh, you really can't be surprised Kris. Ubisoft has been a terrible company for years. Draconian DRM, UPlay, and annual cash grabs. I mean, I am not the person that Ubisoft is making games for, I just want Beyond Good & Evil 2, that is about it. I'd be fine not touching anything else they make. Well, maybe another good Rayman game. And Child of Light is charming. I mean...er forget it.

Anyway, just rejoice when the Witcher 3 comes out and CD Projekt Red does what it always does. Makes an amazing PC game that is capable of fantastic visual fidelity in conjunction with a beautiful art ascetic, and then laugh as it looks significantly worse and runs poorly on the peasant boxes.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

I've yet to see the consoles do better than TW2 + sweetfx, let alone what TW3 will bring us.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by me1212:

Give money to devs that haven't lied to you and aren't makeing games actively look worse and possibly run worse on your platform of choice, or give money to devs that actively lie make games look worse and possibly run worse on the platform you play on.

Slight apples and oranges as SC is only coming out on PC.

Also, wasn't the original intention of the kickstarter that it would be the only income that would be used to fund SC?
said by Krisnatharok:

I've already put close to 150 hours into BF4, a game which is pretty much a clone to BF3. I expect to put hundreds of hours into SC.

I genuinely hope you (and I, as I also kickstarted it) do.
said by Krisnatharok:

And it absolutely is worth it to disservice myself from playing those games to send the message to Ubisoft that we don't mind that they focus on console development, as long as PC versions are not crippled, and occasionally see high-def eye candy for the superior graphics race. I guess that's too much to ask.

It is not too much to ask and it is your money to do with how you please. I enjoy Ubisoft's games, so will continue to show my support if the games continue to be good/great.
said by Krisnatharok:

Heck, even Crytek came out with an HD texture pack for the later Crysis games. That is good enough for me.

How long after the games came out did Crytek release the pack? Day of release or later on?