uniqs

seaman
Premium Member
join:2000-12-08
Seattle, WA

seaman

Premium Member

What is up AVIRA?

After a recent program update I notice some of my AVIRA installs have a slightly new look GUI and a new name "Antivirus Pro." Great move AVIRA! Rename your product after one of the most widely known rogue antivirus apps in existence. Additionally, I can find no warning of this change in the AVIRA user forums or here. This company makes so many bad decisions it is not funny. I am finally moving to another product asap, even though it will cost me more. Please dont tell me I have a rogue antivirus app. I am posting about installs of AVIRA Antivirus Security Suite.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Confirmation of the product name change:

Security expert Avira announced today that it has released Avira Antivirus Pro, which constitutes the new and enhanced core of its upcoming 2015 product portfolio....

The migration to Avira Antivirus Pro will happen seamlessly without any specific action from users being required. The product roll-out will be gradually introduced to all paid users around the world....

»www.marketwatch.com/stor ··· 14-06-24

seaman
Premium Member
join:2000-12-08
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

seaman

Premium Member

Wow. Thank you for sharing that. They seem to be good at writing press releases but notifying existing users, updating their web site or even posting a message in their forums... Nope. Not that I can see. What kind of a company would launch something like this and not make an effort to update their website?
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

3 recommendations

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by seaman:

What kind of a company would launch something like this and not make an effort to update their website?

That's answered by this dialog from "Blazing Saddles":

You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz to seaman

Premium Member

to seaman
New Avira Antivirus Pro
»www.avira.com/en/avira-a ··· irus-pro