uniqs
Madtown
Premium Member
join:2008-04-26
93637-2905

Madtown

Premium Member

Cricket Wireless throttle speed question

I have Cricket Wireless and I have a Moto G and I get 500 MB of HSPA+ speed, but after that it gets throttled to what they claim to be 129 Kbps, so is that fast enough for Facebook and Facebook messenger? What can 129 Kbps handle? What's the actual speed of Cricket Wireless after being throttled?

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

Should be fine for web browsing and most apps, just a little slow. Pandora will stream fine at 128 Kbps too, it'll just take longer at the start of each song.
Madtown
Premium Member
join:2008-04-26
93637-2905

Madtown

Premium Member

It won't be frustrating slow? I don't mind a few second slower than usual but "Can this take any longer" slow I can't stand.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby

Try it, its ok.

If you don't like it, you can switch to the higher rate for the rest of the month, with a pro-rated amount.

TWC_User
join:2013-07-31
Los Angeles
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable
(Software) pfSense
Humax BGW320-500
TP-Link EAP610

TWC_User to Madtown

to Madtown
If you want to experience how fast is 128kbps, go on your Moto G and set your network mode to GSM only, that will restrict the device to go on 2G network, which is around the same speed comparing to 128kbits. 128kbits should be fine for facebook apps, just probably no pictures and videos. Like the others said web browsing will be a little slow, and music apps will stream okay. It all depends on you to decide if it's good enough for you after throttling.