Search similar:

uniqs
Flavius
join:2012-01-22
Kitchener, ON

Flavius

[Internet] Bell Connection Hub connection issues

Hello,

I have Fibe and keep having connection issues. Was wondering if anyone around experienced the same issue and what was the fix?

My setup is as follows:
- Bell Connection Hub F@st 2864 set for wireless
- Linksys E3000 set as an access point wired to the Hub

The problem started with often low speed internet ( 100kbps sometimes) and sometimes I couldn't connect at all to wireless. I could not figure out the problem on my own and eventually had a technician come in and replaced all Bell hardware.

The new hardware fixed the low speed but not the problem of not being able to connect to the wireless network. This is still happening about every week and once it happens I have to restart the Bell Hub. Before restarting the Hub, I noticed that only the power LED was on.

Any idea what is causing the disconnects? Is it the combination of Bell HUB + Linksys?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
jw14
join:2014-04-02
Canada

jw14

delete
dimsum3
join:2008-02-07
L1C0N5

dimsum3 to Flavius

to Flavius
Is the wifi in the connection hub disabled?

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to Flavius

Premium Member

to Flavius
said by Flavius:

Before restarting the Hub, I noticed that only the power LED was on.

If only the power light is on it usually means that there is an issue with the modem and it will need to be replaced.
Flavius
join:2012-01-22
Kitchener, ON

Flavius

I got switched to the Home Hub 2000. The technician that came in said they have a lot of problems old Connection Hub and he recommends Hub 2000.

Not seeing any problems now and removed the Linksys E3000 since the Hub 2000 has way better signal.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by Flavius:

I got switched to the Home Hub 2000. The technician that came in said they have a lot of problems old Connection Hub and he recommends Hub 2000.

Not seeing any problems now and removed the Linksys E3000 since the Hub 2000 has way better signal.

Just a heads up in case the tech didn't tell you, there is a $200 charge that will applied to your next bill for being upgraded to the Home Hub 2000.