dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Cabby
join:2013-03-25

Cabby

[CustSvc] Comcast - Missed appointment #5 and counting...

I'm a new customer, at a newly constructed house, and requested a Triple Play install with X1. The very first appointment seemingly went fine, although the tech who came seemed quite strange and really wanted nothing to do with me or answer any of my questions. He was outside doing something for quite some time, would occasionally come inside and fiddle with the "box" where all the outlets home-run to, and about two hours in, announced it was ready.

Unfortunately, he had crammed the router in the wiring box as lazy as possible and seemed really put out when I asked him to move the coax so it would actually sit in the box properly, that extra 5 seconds of work was apparently too much.

He never explained how to connect to the wireless, the key was on the back of the router, so figured that out. He, again, seemed really put out when I asked him to crimp an end on the cable to the phone so it would plug into the router and actually provide phone service. And then as he went to register the X1 boxes, declared the system was down and to "just keep trying it" over the next couple of days until I could get it work.

Nothing else, sign here, cya.

Hours later, the TV's finally register and everything is seemingly working. I go to leave that evening, and see a big long orange cable from the green box outside, across the yard, down the side, across the driveway, and into a new Xfinity box he drilled into the side of the house.

WTF, how about mentioning that you left a huge long ass cable across the yard and driveway, and what it is, what's going to happen next, and when? Assuming they need to bury that somehow with a magic under the driveway tool after someone sprays the yard so they don't cut lines, etc, etc.

I call Comcast, which is always a terrible experience, and they know nothing, and setup an appointment for someone to come out Saturday between 8 and 8 to "check it out". This is no-show #1.

I call Saturday night, "oh, we meant NEXT Saturday" Sure you did, unacceptable, but OK. Next Saturday, no-show #2.

I call at 8PM, transferred all around, supervisors, etc "They are en-route, don't worry". It's pitch black, no chance they are coming, you'll never guess, they don't show. Call Sunday, open tickets, complaint department is closed, you'll have to call back tomorrow, because people aren't allowed to complain on Sundays, but they can give me a new appointment in 2 WEEKS. No way.

Call Monday, transferred, holding, an hour of wasted time, "they are en-route", this is no show #3.

Call Monday night, "too much lightning" is the reason for the no-show, which is laughable, no lightning, no rain, idiots... they'll come tomorrow

Tuesday, no show #4 - "they will definitely come tomorrow, call us if they don't"

Here we are, Wednesday, working on no show #5, no way they can bury this thing, no has even come to spray lines in the yard so they aren't hitting lines underground.

What's my recourse, this is ridiculous...

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

[CustSvc] Re: Comcast - Missed appointment #5 and counting...

Send an email to "we_can_help@comcast.com"

You're going to get nowhere with front line CSR's. That's the Executive Department's inbox. Hopefully you'll get some help from them. Just be sure to explain your situation.
Bink
Villains... knock off all that evil
join:2006-05-14
Colorado

Bink to Cabby

to Cabby
Definitely sounds like Comcast! Wait till they screw up your billing—the frustration you’ll have in not being able to get it corrected will make your appointment scheduling issues look like a godsend.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS to Cabby

MVM

to Cabby
But ... but ... but ... the Comcast "xfinity" ad on Hulu, the guy in panel van, insists that Comcast is trustworthy!!!

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· I0TNDdXY

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2 to Cabby

Premium Member

to Cabby

Re: Comcast - Missed appointment #5 and counting...

Now I'm worried. Have a Triple Play X1 upgrade install scheduled for this Saturday (which was kind of comical when I scheduled it requesting a Saturday and getting a Friday and a Monday on the first two schedule attempts). I better make sure everything is done right before I sign that form!
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned) to Cabby

to Cabby

Re: [CustSvc] Comcast - Missed appointment #5 and counting...

Cabby...you should NOT have signed that agreement if you were not satisfied with how the installation went. Refusing to sign after that wire monkey left you with a half ass job would have forced him to come back and get it right or you owe them NOTHING for their install effort.

Lesson learned..NEVER sign an agreement for an install unless the service is working to your satisfaction at that time and the hardware is located and installed properly.

Of course Concrap is worthless anyhow. Must watch!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· ny_pixDw

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry to Cabby

Premium Member

to Cabby
Missed appointments/changed ones with certain caveats are a No-No in the FCC Customer Service guidebook. Sure, the "Help" folks often help. The problem is that it just keeps the sordid story of MANY people having missed appointments kept strictly within the CC "house".

If all else fails, you can file an FCC complaint.

»www.fcc.gov/guides/custo ··· tandards
Cabby

Cabby to 15444104

to 15444104
said by 15444104:

Cabby...you should NOT have signed that agreement if you were not satisfied with how the installation went. Refusing to sign after that wire monkey left you with a half ass job would have forced him to come back and get it right or you owe them NOTHING for their install effort.

Lesson learned..NEVER sign an agreement for an install unless the service is working to your satisfaction at that time and the hardware is located and installed properly.

Of course Concrap is worthless anyhow. Must watch!

The service works fine, I was unaware the cable was in my yard until he was long gone.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN

train_wreck to 15444104

to 15444104
top notch video! (though quite vulgar)

and Comcast called me at 4PM yesterday to tell me they were going to have a "brief outage" at one of my accounts, between "12AM an 5AM". it's 1:15PM, and we're still down.... 13 hours & counting.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to Cabby

Premium Member

to Cabby
A temp line isnt going to be buried in 5 days not matter how many appointments you make. If you dont like the temp, Cut it away and do without service and invoke the 30 day money back guarantee.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

1 edit

15444104 (banned) to Cabby

to Cabby

said by Cabby See Profile
The service works fine, I was unaware the cable was in my yard until he was long gone.

You wrote that when the installer left the service was NOT working, but that it started working a bit later, that is not
a satisfactory install, it should have been working properly when he left your premises, not afterwards. I would have not signed that work order release.

I know in theory that these installers should care about doing a honest job, but you really can't trust anyone today unless you see the job was done correctly for yourself. If it were me I would have gone outside as well and looked for any items left unfinished, at least that idiot installer should have mentioned about the unburied cable and informed you as to when they would send out contractors to bury it.

The real tipoff for you should have been when the guy first arrived that his attitude was standoffish and he was acting like you were imposing on him to do what is considered part of his job, communicating with you in a professional and courteous manner should be expected, not an option.

Like another poster said e mail the executive department and demand an answer as to when the burial of the cable will be done, make sure you mention that it is a trip and fall hazard, and has the potential to be cut by lawn mowing equipment.
Bink
Villains... knock off all that evil
join:2006-05-14
Colorado

Bink to 15444104

to 15444104
said by 15444104:

You should have 30 days to cancel the service without penalty—not that it matters though as you might be like most of us and only have once choice/a monopoly for high speed Internet access.
Cabby

Cabby to 15444104

to 15444104
said by 15444104:

You wrote that when the installer left the service was NOT working, but that it started working a bit later, that is not a satisfactory install, it should have been working properly when he left your premises, not afterwards. I would have not signed that work order release.

Perhaps, but the X1 boxes not registering was legitimately not his issue so I didn't think much of it. I've had X1 in another house and am familiar enough with it, I didn't consider that a huge issue.

Being a new house, and not being able to take off days and days from work, I also had Home Depot there, Lawn Service, Termite guy, window replacement dude, and appliance delivery all happening at the same exact time as the Comcast guy. So inspecting the yard that was littered with people and equipment wasn't priority #1 at the time.

But I get it, and honestly the cable burying issue isn't his fault either, but it would have been nice if he mentioned it.

I realize the bury team aren't actually Comcast employees and they have little control over them or their schedules, but honestly, that's not my problem. Lying to me isn't helping, seriously, twice I've been told "I spoke with them, they are en-route" impossible.

And for what it's worth, they didn't show up today... again.
Cabby

1 recommendation

Cabby to Bink

to Bink

You should have 30 days to cancel the service without penalty—not that it matters though as you might be like most of us and only have once choice/a monopoly for high speed Internet access.

You are correct, only game in town....
iknow_t
join:2012-05-03

iknow_t

said by Cabby:

You are correct, only game in town....

contact who they got the franchise from, town, county, city, etc. who they got permission from to operate in your area..

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics to Cabby

Premium Member

to Cabby
Sounds like it is time for you to call their Corporate Office and explain all this. Don't even bother with that "Comcast Cares" or "we-can-help" stuff that was suggested!

Call 1 215 665-1700 and you will see fast results.
(excluding the above ground cable)

Don't forget to mention the $20.00 credit entitled to you for each "on time" service call(s) that were not met.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Robotics-
You realize the "we_can_help" email address IS the Corporate Office, right?

orguser2121
@12.236.169.x

orguser2121 to Robotics

Anon

to Robotics
What $20 for each service call?

I have never heard of that...

Annon
@68.62.236.x

Annon

Anon

said by orguser2121 :

What $20 for each service call?

I have never heard of that...

»www.comcast.com/Corporat ··· tee.html

I've actually used it many times, but you have to push/ask. They won't just do :/

TAZ
join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ

TAZ

If only this "we won't just do, you have to ask" policy applied to their constant rate increases :P

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS

Re: [CustSvc] Re: Comcast - Missed appointment #5 and counting...

My BS light is on!
RogerD
join:2008-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

RogerD to Cabby

to Cabby

Re: [CustSvc] Comcast - Missed appointment #5 and counting...

My experience too. I scheduled a tech to visit using the online chat to locate and move a tv drop in our ceiling (business). No one showed up, called and no record of the request. Scheduled another appt and no show. Called again, told they were overbooked. Again, scheduled an appt. After five no shows went to Twitter and got someone in PA (I'm in CA). They escalated with local office and got someone out three weeks after the first attempt. Also got a call from the local office. Gave them the whole story and other recent issues with service provided. Asked about the service guarantee, they offered a one-month credit on entire Comcast bill (TV, Internet, & Phone).

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck

said by RogerD:

Asked about the service guarantee, they offered a one-month credit on entire Comcast bill (TV, Internet, & Phone).

yep, that's the "guarantee". month of free service.

you said you're on business class? so am i, and it must be the rosy-eyed optimist in me, but i had figured that maybe customer service would be slightly better than residential. most unfortunately, it is not.

btw chip89 See Profile, that graphic looks straight out of "Airplane"

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
Yes I do. Call me old fashion. Why bother going back and forth with emails (that's of course if you have working internet). Calling them is much faster...hands down.
Robotics

Robotics to orguser2121

Premium Member

to orguser2121
Yes. It's called their "on time guarantee" They have had this for the 14 years I have been with them. I would think it's nation wide, and not just here in Virginia.

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

Tobin to Cabby

to Cabby
I had two $20 credits on my account as a result of missed appointments without having to call in about it. I think it just depends on whether your tech decides to be truthful or not. He can claim he was ontime but nobody answered for example.
Cabby

Cabby

Well after missing an additional 2 more appointments, I woke up this morning and the cable is gone. I assume they buried it as everything still works, but no idea how or where they buried it. Not a blade of grass out of place anywhere in the yard, and the cable was there last night around 9PM.

Who the hell knows what they did, but somebody did something and the service still works. Their lack of communication is astounding.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

Bracing myself for the adventure to begin for me tomorrow. Ready to not sign a thing until it all works!

Anno
@68.62.236.x

Anno to Cabby

Anon

to Cabby
said by Cabby:

Well after missing an additional 2 more appointments, I woke up this morning and the cable is gone. I assume they buried it as everything still works, but no idea how or where they buried it. Not a blade of grass out of place anywhere in the yard, and the cable was there last night around 9PM.

Who the hell knows what they did, but somebody did something and the service still works. Their lack of communication is astounding.

They don't dig so you wouldn't see any real marks. They push the cables about 3-5 inches down only.

Basically take a shovel, stab it in the ground, lean it forward and push the cable in the little hole and repeat.