BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to norwegian

Premium Member

to norwegian

Re: Ideal set up - 3 screens/game mode computer

So you want to run a flight sim on three monitors at once? Do you know if it already supports this? Support for multiple monitors isn't exactly standard, and you might even want to just go with an ultrawide monitor instead. Even then many games just don't handle ultrawide resolutions well either.
»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 150036:s

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

I'll have to second BlitzenZeus See Profile on not all games/applications supporting multiple monitors. As you can see from the link to the pictures of the stand and monitors that I posted earlier World of Warcraft makes you jump through hoops to get three monitor support.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Well not all, but many games support what is referred to as "windowed fullscreen" so it will just take the desktop resolution of your monitor instead of a list of fixed resolutions, no titlebars/etc, along with doesn't get minimized when you interact with another program which is a pet peeve of mine with games that don't have this option. It's common on newer games however. There's programs that can turn your entire multi-monitor desktop into one big desktop also, and remove the limits of each monitor, however I don't care for those as I like to use one monitor as a main monitor, then another for my other programs also running at the same time. I already have to push back my 1080 monitor farther back than my old crt monitor just to be able to see the entire width at once

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

to BlitzenZeus
said by BlitzenZeus:

So you want to run a flight sim on three monitors at once? Do you know if it already supports this? Support for multiple monitors isn't exactly standard, and you might even want to just go with an ultrawide monitor instead. Even then many games just don't handle ultrawide resolutions well either.

Flight Simulator X
»www.microsoft.com/games/ ··· insider/
FAQ for multi-monitors
»www.microsoft.com/Produc ··· ult.aspx
quote:
Definitely. In fact, Flight Simulator's ability to display multiple windows on more than one monitor at a time creates a more realistic cockpit environment. You can use a center monitor to display the aircraft instrument panel and the outside view ahead of the cockpit, and use another monitor to display the radio stack, throttle quadrant, GPS, or any of the other pop-up panels available on a particular aircraft. Aside from additional monitors, you'll need a video card that can support multiple monitors, or a system that can support multiple video cards.