Search similar:

uniqs
king_2015
join:2010-09-15
King City, ON

king_2015

[Internet] Bell Fibe King City Ont?

Hi there,

I live in king city and was wondering if anyone in king city or close to king city has Bell fibe? Currently there is no fibe services available to me. I have been seeing bell working in the area recently. I can't understand why everyone else has fibe but king city. As far as I know Maple, Newmarket and Aurora all have it. I would appreciate if any one can fill me in with any where abouts.
QL0G1C
join:2007-02-20
King City

QL0G1C

We had FTTH here in King City, but it was new construction. Had it for about a year but moved to rogers hybrind 250/20 because of price.
king_2015
King City, ON

king_2015

The CEO Of Bell who lives in King City told me that their not upgrading King City at all? The area that he lives in fair field estates is the only area upgraded in King. Where abouts of King do you live In? I live in the heart of King on John Street and no fibe here. The only new area in King that I think could have it is the new construction adjacent King Road where all the new houses went up. Why they would pass my street is beyond me. I am on the hybrid 250 as well because there is no Bell ftth on my street.
QL0G1C
join:2007-02-20
King City

QL0G1C

The new area at king and dufferin
king_2015
King City, ON

king_2015

Ya I guess that is the Bell fibre border. I live further down King road and I guess that bell is afraid to bring it in. There are alot of new homes that went up in my area and more to come going west of king road. I guess Bell does not want to make money.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to king_2015

Premium Member

to king_2015
Maybe they'll eventually expand FTTH to the whole village? Who knows.
king_2015
King City, ON

king_2015

Why are you using the term " village" ? King city is not a village. It is a city that is why they call it King City within king township. I would prefer people to use correct terminology for geographical area's. You probably meant to say that they will eventually expand FTTH to King City? I would say hopefully maybe in the next 5 years. It seems bell likes to work slow especially in area's where there are a lot of people. Bell just does not want to make money. O well.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

It's actually neither a village nor a city. If you want to get technical, it's a community within the Township of King, as the community does not have municipal city (or village) status of its own. Just because the community contains 'City' in its name is irrelevant as far as its legal status, and is a similar situation to how Haldimand County is not really a County but rather a City, and how Oxford County is not really a County but rather a Regional Municipality.

Confused yet?

But yeah, I meant they could very well extend FTTH to the whole community. They're doing an overbuild of FTTH in Fort Erie rather than FTTN. If you don't already have FTTN there's a chance they may be planning to go right to fibre instead.