London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth to Lark3po

Premium Member

to Lark3po

Re: Licensed for unlimited retransmit fees

Except that it is. That site shows you which OTA channels you can get in which areas. If you actually bothered to check, you'd find that most can actually receive OTA channels. The number of channels obviously differ depending on location, but OTA is still available to most, even those who don't believe it to be true.

If you look at their online map and move the location mark around the entire continent, you'll find there are at least 4-10 stations available at any given location. I'd say that's pretty substantial as far as "proof" is concerned.

Lark3po
Premium Member
join:2003-08-05
Madison, AL

Lark3po

Premium Member

said by nekkidtruth:

Except that it is. That site shows you which OTA channels you can get in which areas. If you actually bothered to check, you'd find that most can actually receive OTA channels.

No, that IS NOT the data I was asking for. Please re-read my previous post again.

On a side note, the site listed is completely theoretical and only lists what a person *may* be able to recieve. For my location it shows three channels that I *should* be able to receive ( 3 being the ones in green) yet I only receive one thanks to a mountain between me and the mountain with the majority of the broadcasters.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

The ones in GREEN are for STB-like antennas, lets talk about pitching an antenna on roofs. The point is, people can do it, they choose not to.