Search similar:

uniqs
monello
join:2006-06-22
Elmwood Park, IL

1 edit

monello

Uverse-Trouble-Ticket-Need-Assitance

This is tests before and after supposedly bridge tap removal. As far as I can see they put in a bridge tap instead of taking it out. What do you think and what do you suggest I tell ATT? I already complained and told them to send a competent outside line tech again, but they want to send an inside tech due to the original complaint from 2 weeks ago about noise & static on phone. How can I get them to fix what they broke?

»adslm.dohrenburg.net/too ··· ink=4132 -Before removal of bridge tap.

»adslm.dohrenburg.net/too ··· ink=4134 -After removal of bridge tap.

my thoughts
@72.135.227.x

1 recommendation

my thoughts

Anon

Standard procedure on Uverse trouble tickets is the Uverse premise tech is dispatxhed and most verify no issues discovered from ped in to RG.

This includes drop... NID... cat5 home run ... jack... data cable... RG.
all other inside wiring including any coax.
Test for max line sync and SN are taken from RG... NID and serving terminal aka ped.
If issue found that warranty an outside ticket creation the Uverse tech will need to create.

Recent changes to procedure.. basically distance tap or interference needs to be service affecting... not the fact that it exists.

based on bit load graph a problem exists at least 400 feet away... your max sync is over 52M do not expect your service is affected.
monello
Elmwood Park, IL

monello

Well what do you know....the live tv is freezing, after using rewind and fast forward, live tv just freezes & hangs there after and stays that way till changing channel. Guess the service is being affected after all due to using the bad second pair.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

1 recommendation

Paralel

said by monello:

Well what do you know....the live tv is freezing, after using rewind and fast forward, live tv just freezes & hangs there after and stays that way till changing channel. Guess the service is being affected after all due to using the bad second pair.

My service was severely effected by a bad second pair. You will most likely keep seeing service misbehavior/disruption until the second pair is fixed.
monello
Elmwood Park, IL

monello

Inside Techs came today and escalated it to I&R to fix the 400 feet of bridge tap that the bad second pair contains. I told them that the previous pair we were on was better and to put it in their escalation notes. Tomorrow the I&R guy will be here, so we'll see how it goes. Just want our first pair back in service. Lets hope for the best.
monello

3 edits

monello

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Outside line tech replaced the port on the line since it has never been done before.

Finally the phone distortion/crackling is gone. Success. Here is a Voip Line Test results. No jitter me to server, though 0.3 jitter server to me. Also posted some phone line stats and UVRT screen shots. Looks fine to me. What do you people think?

Edit: Since changing the port card, the distance to vrad increased from 700ft to 800ft. Why would that change by 100ft more just by changing the port card?

Mr Fel
INTJ - The Architect
Premium Member
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY

1 recommendation

Mr Fel

Premium Member

The line stats look good all around, looks like you're still on a F Card though. I'd stay vigilant while on a F Card, they are not the most reliable as seen by your last port.
monello
Elmwood Park, IL

4 edits

monello

Spoke too soon.....Phone acting up again....Damn F card is garbage screwing up phone sound clarity and causing distorted voice sound of the person voice on the other end of the line. It happens whether its a dialed or received call and cell phone or land line same thing doesnt matter which is dialed. Wish ATT would get its act together and just change my card to the error free K card. Posting a analysis showing errors and interference being caused by the card.

»adslm.dohrenburg.net/too ··· ink=4151

EDIT:»speedtest.phonepower.com ··· =1072319

The above is a report from the phone power site that does an all-around test.

What do you guys think of all the analysis' that I completed on my line? Will switching to the K card fix my phone voice distortion and what will the long-term on the K card bring as far as reliability & dependability for our uverse line for the upcoming years to come? Will the K card need to be switched to an N card later on for upcoming technologies that come into play since it has vectoring capability built-in?

brookeKrige
join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA

brookeKrige

said by monello:

Phone acting up again....Damn F card is garbage screwing up phone sound clarity and causing distorted voice sound of the person voice on the other end of the line

Do you have u-verse voice, POTS, or other VOIP/ATA?
monello
Elmwood Park, IL

monello

said by brookeKrige:

said by monello:

Phone acting up again....Damn F card is garbage screwing up phone sound clarity and causing distorted voice sound of the person voice on the other end of the line

Do you have u-verse voice, POTS, or other VOIP/ATA?

We have Uverse -Voice.....
monello

monello

Problem Fixed. Line was too strong of a signal. Installer put red wire attenuator. Uverse voice is good now. No more cracks and pops on voice call.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

1 recommendation

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by monello:

Problem Fixed. Line was too strong of a signal. Installer put red wire attenuator. Uverse voice is good now. No more cracks and pops on voice call.

What does your U-verse Realtime look like now?
monello
Elmwood Park, IL

monello

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Not too bad. Just glad the voice calls are clear now. As you can see we are at 1400FT now due to the red wire vdsl filter(RED - Westell 080-500255-Labeled "VDSL PAD")Red....adds 1000 feet to loop length.

There is also a green filter for reducing AM Interference. Here is the info.
GREEN - Westell 080-500549 - Green for AM radio interference, helps but does not eliminate.
monello

1 edit

monello

Click for full size
Here is my results from a Phone Power analysis test. This is a good all-around test for testing internet connection and voip including actual line performance. If this test shows good results (getting what speeds your paying for) then this usually means stable vdsl line condition.

»speedtest.phonepower.com ··· eat.html -Full Voip Test

»www.phonepower.com/speedtest -Quick Speed Test

brookeKrige
join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA

brookeKrige

Upstream MTU and DNS servers changed. Is IPv6 enabled now in your RG, when was not before?
monello
Elmwood Park, IL

monello

Yes, IPv6 is now enabled and was not before.
monello

monello

»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 9184.png

This comcast speed test also tests IPV6 as well as IPV4. Good to know both results.
monello

monello

SpeedOf.Me is an HTML5 Internet speed test. No Flash or Java needed! It is the smartest and most accurate online bandwidth test. It works well on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows 8 and other mobile devices, as well as desktop computers.

»speedof.me/

This gives true internet speed test. No Java or Flash needed. Try it out.

gadawg
join:2006-01-27
Louisville, KY

gadawg

I question the accuracy of speedof.me. Using it I get Download Speed: 8.85 Mbps, Upload Speed: 1.9 Mbps.

Using speedtest.net for a server in the same city (Atlanta) I get

15.75 down and 1.75 up.
benk016
join:2011-06-05
Owasso, OK

benk016

I also get really low results from speedof.me At work I get Down 9.6 and Upload i get 20

And on speedtest.net I get

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO

1 recommendation

ILpt4U to monello

Premium Member

to monello
It gave me 46 Down/6 Up, speedof.me that is. That is about right for 45 Mbps U-Verse internet

Does location help? There are two Chicago servers, but not sure how many near OK or Louisville
benk016
join:2011-06-05
Owasso, OK

benk016

Well Speedof.me gave me the dallas server which is why I chose a dallas server on speedtest.net also. I also ran it on my ipad, and galaxy S5. All gave similar slow results. When I get home today I'll run it on my home u-verse connection and see what it gives.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 edit

NormanS to monello

MVM

to monello
said by monello:

This gives true internet speed test. No Java or Flash needed. Try it out.

The site does require Javascript, though.

They give me:

»speedof.me/show.php?img= ··· 5469.png

Eh? Way off!

More consistent with my 17M/1M sync rate.
monello
Elmwood Park, IL

monello

Welcome to SpeedOf.Me Lite!click to expand contents

Test Again

Your Test Result

Download:
Upload:

Latency:
Test Server:
Your IP:

16.83 Mbps
2.09 Mbps

26 ms
Chicago 2

This is the latest speed of me speed test on Uverse Triple Play with Max Internet...7-31-2015
monello

monello

Click for full size
Comcast_Speed_Test_7-31-2015

Observe the Peak Values.....15.49Mbps/Down 2.17Mbps/Up
monello

monello

»adslm.dohrenburg.net/too ··· ink=4230

Current Analysis w/ Red VDSL filter & Green VDSL filter on RJ11 feed line.
monello

monello

»adslm.dohrenburg.net/too ··· ink=4231

Current Analysis w/ only Green VDSL filter on RJ11 feed line.

What do you guys think, should I keep the Red VDSL & Green filter on the feed line or no? Or just the Green VDSL filter as seen here?
monello

monello

Re: "Well what do you know....the live tv is freezing, after using rewind and fast forward, live tv just freezes & hangs there after and stays that way till changing channel. Guess the service is being affected after all due to using the bad second pair."

This was resolved due to the RG having a bad software update which resulted in corrupted software update in RG. I reset RG to factory specs by red button on back of RG. I disconnected all DVRs and boxes and brought them up visible by RG one by one. The problem went away. Although, there is still cracking and popping on phone so there is something wrong with our signal. Either it is too strong or the F type line card is bad and needs to be upgraded to the K type line card. There have been many techs out to trouble shoot the issue in the past and no one seems to rectify the issue. I guess too strong of a signal @600FT from VRAD is not good for Uverse voice but good for everything else like internet and TV signal. Maybe Uverse engineers should look into this and figure out a solution or just change the cards out to the new K cards to simply resolve the issue stated.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

Um, any time you get the "too strong a signal" line...well lets just say there are customers on sub-100' loops that have services that work just fine ("naked" VRAD customers, where the VRAD is in an MDU IT, or a house right next door to the VRAD, etc)

Every "too close" issue I've ran into in the Field is actually something else that no one looked for, because all the "normal" tests didn't reveal the issue. And those colored filters...I never noticed any performance increase with them, and tended to notice performance decreases
monello
Elmwood Park, IL

monello

said by ILpt4U:

Um, any time you get the "too strong a signal" line...well lets just say there are customers on sub-100' loops that have services that work just fine ("naked" VRAD customers, where the VRAD is in an MDU IT, or a house right next door to the VRAD, etc)

Every "too close" issue I've ran into in the Field is actually something else that no one looked for, because all the "normal" tests didn't reveal the issue. And those colored filters...I never noticed any performance increase with them, and tended to notice performance decreases

vvvvvv---This should fix the crackling and popping Uverse voice issues.vvvvvvv
"Or the F type line card is bad and needs to be upgraded to the K type line card."