Search similar:

uniqs
jaypdx
join:2013-09-27

jaypdx

Frontier among worst places to work...

Kinda surprised to see them so close to the top of the list:

»finance.yahoo.com/news/a ··· 176.html

I've been really happy with my Fios service, and the guy who installed it did a good job and didn't seem unhappy about Frontier (he was an employee, unlike Comcast which seems to use mostly contractors). On the other hand, it did take 4 months to get them to stop billing me for a closed account and then another 3 to get the money back - probably the people on the billing/customer-service side aren't happy about people calling and yelling at them about poor service.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

I've worked customer service however not for frontier, and the amount they want to pay you it's not worth being the verbal punching bag, taking the crap from customers even if it's about the company. If you're an installer, or sales person your experience will likely be very different. Management, and executives should be required to do customer service for half of their day, and not hide behind reports. At least pay these people a decent living wage for having to put up with the stress from them being so bad.

Have you ever tried calling them anytime recently? There was an outage recently, and it took half an hour to get somebody on the phone only to be told that there is no eta on the repair.
lawsoncl
join:2008-10-28
Spirit Lake, ID

lawsoncl to jaypdx

to jaypdx

Polite but insistent is the best approach when calling customer service. Yelling or getting angry rarely does any good. Still, you occasionally have to deal with someone who is either not a "people person" or who is having a bad day, perhaps just got off the phone with someone yelling at them.

In general, I've had polite customer service from Frontier with the exception of one guy who told me I was being an a**hole for insisting there was something wrong because I was only getting 100k download speeds on a 1.5meg dsl. Frntiers's problem in my opinion is that the front line customer service folks are generally powerless to actually fix a real problem and are graded by how fast they get you off the phone. You have to insist they escalate the ticket to someone who can fix the problem - someone you can't directly talk to and who usually ends up closing the ticket without actually doing anything (they claim they visited the premise, but didn't, etc). Their internet tech support guys can diagnose problems on their end, but they generally can't fix provisioning issues and have to escalate the ticket, etc.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

1 edit

diablo18926 to jaypdx

to jaypdx
Why isn't hughesnet listed?? Hughesnet is far more worse then frontier, almost makes frontier look like a true cable company with high speed and excellent connection. Frontier is for customers thats in rural areas or for those who want something that works fine enough for them to check their email or bank account and that's it.

I see radioshack is listed and must ask, why? Radioshack shut down around the beginning of the year or last year sometime so why do they bother to list it?

I don't think it's very accurate cause of what I already listed and they even have family dollar one of them witch i don't see absolutely nothing wrong with. Family dollar has been around for a considerable long time.

I think I went off topic, going onto how badly the companies are in either shopping or have them as a provider company, instead of how bad they are to "work" for them. I've never worked for any of them however I do know the economy is pretty dead and job marketing is just as worse and so with this said, it's not hard to say that they are in fact awful to work for, maybe not the worst though.

I do however know by years of reading research on hughesnet that they are one of the worst ones like telling their customers to be lied to so that the customer thinks its on his/her end and not on hughesnet's end or when you call CS, you talk to someone from india and so you're talking to someone that's reading from a script so not every question the customer has can be answered. I know someone has even made a website on their experience with hughes and it's mind blowing on how hughes treats it's customers and possibly workers.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

said by diablo18926:

I do however know by years of reading research on hughesnet that they are one of the worst ones like telling their customers to be lied to so that the customer thinks its on his/her end and not on hughesnet's end or when you call CS, you talk to someone from india and so you're talking to someone that's reading from a script so not every question the customer has can be answered.

Just read this forum and you will see the same or similar things by Frontier. In some cases I think many of today's service providers, whether ISP, cellular or satellite TV do similar things.