Search similar:

uniqs

rewket
Premium Member
join:2003-08-21
Longueuil, QC

rewket

Premium Member

[TV] Is something wrong with my settings?

I have noticed something ever since i've had fibe instead of expressvu

I dont recall the expressvu quality but the fibe quality is closer to 480p than 720p. Say i watch masterchef(being reality tv its on the low end of visual quality) from the DVR(CTV) it will be alright looking. Then if i download the 720p torrent it will look completely fluid and super high-def.

Is bell's technology just horrible or i have something wrong with my setup? I have tried 720p-1080i and 1080p, no change.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

Are you watching the HD channel?

All the HD channels are in the 1000's, for example;
CTV SD: 201
CTV HD: 1201

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

You should be set to 720p, Bell sends out their signals @ 720p.
Of note, 1080p is available, but will only activate if you're watching some on-demand content that says "SuperHD" in the title, if it's not superHD, it will revert back to 1080i

If you are indeed watching the HD stations, 1000+, odds are you have a setting not quite right, the Fibe receivers differ a lot from the Sat ones, in general, the SD versions look at little worse on FibeTV then they do on Sat, but the HD generally will look a little better.

If you are still having an issue, post back with your TV model, how it's hooked up (HDMI/Component etc) and I'll see if I can find a better mix of settings.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to rewket

to rewket
Chances are a setting isn't right, generally fibe has a much better picture quality than expressvu. There are 3 instances where I have done an installation and it was noticeably worse than what ever service the customer has before:

1. One a huge 720p projector screen of some type (no previous provider on this tv just dvds)
2. The tv was an extremely cheap "hd" tv and Rogers standard def digital cable looked better on the tv prior
3. anything using the component outputs on the receivers

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

HDMI black may be set incorrectly on the new box, on the Fibe Receivers I've noticed it's opposite that it is on some cable boxes.

rewket
Premium Member
Longueuil, QC

rewket

Premium Member

those answers don't really fit with my problem seeing as my tv is superb with downloaded 720p version of the same shows.

I suggest you all try the same.

Choose a show, watch it on PVR then hook up a media player and watch the downloaded 720p version.

I have the same problem on both my tvs. SD is horrible for sure and 720p is acceptable but seems more like 480p on youtube
demonte21
join:2009-02-20
Mirabel, QC

demonte21

I had a similar problem to yours... Finally, the problem is my TV signal processor... To solve the problem, I'm now using a Sony Google TV NSZ-GS7. My Bell Fibe TV receiver is plug in the Sony Google TV... then out to my TV. Image quality is now much better.

rewket
Premium Member
Longueuil, QC

rewket

Premium Member

said by demonte21:

I had a similar problem to yours... Finally, the problem is my TV signal processor... To solve the problem, I'm now using a Sony Google TV NSZ-GS7. My Bell Fibe TV receiver is plug in the Sony Google TV... then out to my TV. Image quality is now much better.

Hmm ill try this with my AOIS downstairs but i dont have a media player on the main TV. Just a PS3 but the streaming quality on PS3 with tversity is as bad as fibe by itself so that would not help